2017 San Francisco ase

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Wow in 2 minutes wholy cow they fracking went fast the 2017 ASE congratulations set made the fastest sale. Who got one in hand ??? Cause there's only 80000 of them..Lol

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

What did that Yank commander say to the German commander, when asked for his surrender, during the 'Battle of The Bulge'? Oh yes..........'NUTS'.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    SharonG likes this.
  4. kaosleeroy108

Hahahah

5. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The last time I bought something from the mint was back in early 2009 when I was briefly in the US. Haven't ventured since.

6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Were then other 2 threads not enough for you?

Fyi, 75k not 80

7. kaosleeroy108

Well I rounded up I didn't write the exact # I'm sorry.. well I want to see if it's going to be an immediate rarity ...

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

80 thou is not rare.........nuts.

Stevearino and kaosleeroy108 like this.
  9. kaosleeroy108

True... It's not but it's a low mintage compare to west Point mintage or such nutty tho

10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

For silver eagle proofs it sure is. Even with another 50k on top of that!

11. robec

robec Junior Member

If I'm reading this right there is no mintage limit, just a product mintage limit. So they can make more S mint ASE's but no more Congratulatory sets.

12. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

True but they've said it's going to be in the congrats set and the silver proof set. The silver proof sets aren't released until late in the year so it stands to reason that they only intend of putting it in these 2 offerings. Question is do they up the proof sets from the typical 50k to 100k or more and will it sell out etc. I honestly think these are the only 2 sets that will have it. I just hope they don't pull a fast one and release it solo due to the quick sellout.

13. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Imo they'll just increase the limited silver proof set mintage. And as @Cascade mentioned because those usually come late in the year, my personal thought is the mint should just produce the L.E. silver set to demand for a set offering period. That would still allow those who bought the congratulations set plenty of time to sell and take their profits if they want. But also allow any true collector who missed out to simply wait and pick up one of these from the mint. Yes at a slightly higher product cost overall, but not at a high aftermarket cost. If done this way I don't think it would swell the mintage that much either as the hype for flipping would die off if the L.E. set was mint to demand thus reducing how many end up getting sold in total.

14. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Here's a link to file an online complaint with the U.S. Treasury Department Inspector General. You can file anonymously and mint mismanagement is a legit complaint. If they get a bunch of these, they may do something about it.

https://www.treasury.gov/about/organizational-structure/ig/Pages/OigOnlineHotlineForm.aspx

Here's a sample complaint:

David Motl, Acting Principal Deputy Director
    United States Mint

I am filing this complaint because of mismanagement (or worse) by David Motl, Acting Principal Deputy Director of the United States Mint. The U.S. Mint under Mr. Motl’s direction repeatedly offers limited edition coins in a manner that allows a few large business interests to monopolize the entire issue. The most recent abuse was an offering for the 2017 Congratulations Set on April 4, 2017 with no ordering limits. This issue sold out in less than two minutes and most collectors were shutout. It appears from aftermarkets sales, a few large dealers bought most of the sets. Please review Mr. Motl’s business practices in order to assure all U.S. Mint customers have a chance to purchase their offerings. Thank You.

SharonG likes this.
  15. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

You filed a complaint because you couldn't order one plain and simple. No one should be following your lead

jwitten likes this.
  16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

If you don't want to file a complaint, then don't. But don't lecture on what others should be doing.

17. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I'll tell you, baseball21 has got to be a shill for the mint. Why would anyone else discourage taking action on this issue as he does in multiple threads?

As I've told him, I did get an order in, yet anyone who didn't should definitely file a complaint. To not do so is simply taking the abuse.

18. baseball21

Generally I agree, but I will speak up when someone is advocating trying to start a federal investigation wasting federal tax dollars when nothing remotely illegal occurred. I sincerely hope his complaint goes right into the trash where it belongs, asking for a federal investigation because something didn't have an order limit isn't even worth the digital paper the email is written on

GaryLomax likes this.
  19. Santinidollar

I'm sure the Inspector General will take the appropriate steps. If all is OK, then he'll put the complaints in the round file. If not, he will do what is deemed necessary. It's not a waste of money -- it's what We The People pay him that nice salary and superior benefits to do.

20. baseball21

No it's not. He's paid to investigate crimes, not to open frivolous cases because of temper tantrums. Where is the statue where it is illegal to have no order limit? That's all they did, no order limit and that guy is crying for a federal criminal investigation in every thread.

21. Santinidollar

Inspector generals in every agency have wide jurisdiction to investigate all kinds of activities that are not crimes. It's not as black and white as you portray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.