2017 S Silver Eagle on sale 4/4/17

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by longarm, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

This actually worries me and makes me feel that "backorder" is actually a system error. This bit about delayed weekly sales figures also worries me.

4. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I wouldn't worry, the mint loves to mess with us by its silence. Not only are they screwing us, as any monopoly will, they're a belligerent government agency that's forgot it exists to serve all the people, not just a few.

Santinidollar likes this.
  5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Sigh this nonsense again. By people I guess he means himself, it's only been explained by several people how the actual people in the case of the mint is the tax payer now one collector

6. statequarterguy

Well gosh baseball, I guess I should listen to those "several people", who know it all. That's a bit of a stretch, even for you, all taxpayers benefit by screwing all coin collectors (not just me). Okay, I feel better, thanks for splaining it to me. Tell me one other government agency that sells a product or service where their customers would be okay with being over charged for the benefit of all taxpayers. The same thing as being over taxed for the benefit of someone else. You're okay with that, right?

7. baseball21

Someone else can take over, these theatrics have worn me out.

8. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

The United States Post Office

9. baseball21

I'm wondering if he will figure out his second to last sentence is literally the definition of taxes

10. statequarterguy

It's about time.

11. statequarterguy

These generalizations are why you're wrong most of the time.

12. statequarterguy

Clearly the mint won't do anything about what's seen as a problem by many of the mint's customers, they are getting more abusive. So here's a link to an agency that may do something about it or not, either way it's worth a try. :D

Here's a link to file an online complaint with the U.S. Treasury Department Inspector General. You can file anonymously and mint mismanagement is a legit complaint. If they get a bunch of these, they may do something about it.

https://www.treasury.gov/about/organizational-structure/ig/Pages/OigOnlineHotlineForm.aspx

Here's a sample complaint:

This is the person to file the complaint on:
    David Motl, Acting Principal Deputy Director
    United States Mint

This is the complaint you can copy & paste in most of the required fields or write your own:
    I am filing this complaint because of mismanagement (or worse) by David Motl, Acting Principal Deputy Director of the United States Mint. The U.S. Mint, under Mr. Motl’s direction, repeatedly offers limited edition coins in a manner that allows a few large business interests to monopolize the entire issue. The most recent abuse was an offering for the 2017 Congratulations Set on April 4, 2017 with no ordering limits. This issue sold out in less than two minutes and most collectors were shutout. It appears from aftermarkets sales, a few large dealers bought most of the sets. Please review Mr. Motl’s business practices in order to assure all U.S. Mint customers have a chance to purchase their offerings. Thank You.

13. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I'll probable will get banned for this, but I don't trust the mint to ship my back order.
    So to be I keep my set up to date I bought one one eBay, yes I did the un-thinkable
    Sellers photos, it's due here Monday.
    The horror:shame: 2017-S 1a-horz.jpg

14. The US Mint weekly sales report is now 5 days late. No way to know how many of the Congrats sets sold and/or remain. This delay is not unprecedented but still strange considering the timing.

15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Maybe it has something to do with the extremely disappointing sales of the 225th gold that they did everything they could to promote.

Santinidollar and Blissskr like this.
  16. baseball21

That when all is said and done will be lucky to have sold 1/3rd of its limit. That actually is a good theory. Rather embarrassing to tout it that much be then come out and say they couldn't even sell 20 percent

17. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

I actually had the same thought when I first seen this thread posted. Mint probably wants to wait hoping that sales numbers get inflated before reporting on total sales so far. I think it will be revealed to be selling worse than the gold Boys town coins which are tracking to be the new worst $5 gold commemorative ever. So much for the National parks hype train I guess. Although I did see somewhere that claimed the mint sold almost 15% of the mintage of the 2017 $100 gold, I now wonder if that sourced information was a lie and the mint is trying to cover for that as well.

18. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Finally got mine in the mail
    IMG_9704.JPG

19. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Clawcoins and baseball21 like this.
  20. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Lol

21. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

They say they might make more of these because of all the hysteria over the hh limit. Now the Mint gets to stick it to the small collector once again. What about the collector that only wanted one and paid $120+ to get one on Ebay. If they pump out another 50,000 then the guy that paid $120+ is gonna raise hell and I don't blame them.

The Mint messed this one up from the get go. THEY need to take their lumps and move on. If they make more of these that will be their second mistake on this issue. I'm not talking the LE Sets, I'm talking extra 2017-S singles.

Don't do it Mint.

Cascade likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted