2017 S Silver Eagle on sale 4/4/17

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by longarm, Mar 30, 2017.

1. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

I agree, but who wants to buy an expensive set, then break it up just for the S. ? Just wait for prices to drop some, then get it. Will be less money spent and won't have a busted up set after. JMHO.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

In all honesty probably a lot of people. The S is the only reason that set is even being talked about right now.

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Well right now I believe the price of the 2017 S is higher than the price they have charged for the LESPS in the past so buying the set and breaking it up would be a cheaper way to get the 17 S.

6. Some people love the LESPS. I have never owned one and probably will never own one. All the coins are available elsewhere, and it seems like a lot of extra money for just some fancy packaging.

green18 likes this.
  7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Yeah. It will be interesting to see how the mint plays this one out. Will they up the price of the LESPS due to that?

8. Why are these still backordered?

9. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I just did the "chat thing" at the Mint's site. She knew nothing, got the standard line, they'll be mailed when they receive them. She also didn't know why the sales report had not been issued (probably something to due with these sets).

10. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

They are likely nonexistent. If they did not make all 75,000, then it could be a little while depending on how many more they need to mint, package, and ship. But we will get them eventually.

If they did make them all 75,000 and the ordering system couldn't handle several 100 excessively large orders all at once and potentially oversold the product, then we are likely SOL. If this is in fact the case (and I have no real evidence to say that it is), the Mint is going to wait until all other orders are fulfilled and accounts reconciled to see if there are any left over from declined payments are cancellations. This can take up to several weeks. Backorders will be filled from these unfulfilled orders, if there are any. Beyond that, who knows. Its a wait and see game at this point.

11. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Did you send her the link to your grievance form and ask her to submit one too?

baseball21 likes this.
  12. statequarterguy

If they don't fill the backorders, that would be the final straw for me. They have definitely filled orders that were accepted after some backorders.

13. statequarterguy

No use complaining to the mint. The Inspector General, on the other hand, looks for something wrong.

14. baseball21

I'm guessing the coins themselves were probably made since they will be using them again anyway but that they had not ordered the full run of packaging due to how that set usually performs

15. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

I am not sure what their policy is on not being able to fulfill confirmed orders. Are they obligated to give you what you ordered? If they did over sell the product, it would be a huge mismanaged nightmare if people that ordered 1,000's got all of theirs while some that ordered 1 or 2 didn't get theirs.

The printed card probably takes longer to make than the coin...

16. baseball21

Card has to come from the other side of the world too, hence the back order

17. I ordered at 7:30am on Day 2 so that explains the backorder status for me. Seems strange there is no way to cancel orders on their site.

18. I don't want the card. Maybe they should have a coin only option. Packaging takes up too much room in the SDB.

19. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Hey, TC is back!!

TopcatCoin likes this.
  20. statequarterguy

That's encouraging, if they had day 2 sales that means it wasn't over sold on day 1.

I think the mint removed the option to cancel orders when they redid their website. I think I remember calling them and they said you could not even cancel on the phone, you had to receive the order and return it. :rolleyes:

21. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

on the 2016 the coin is in an airtite and press fit into the hole. The coin/airtite just pops out.

and remember these are already at the shipping building. So it's not an "as ordered" option.

I keep most of my coins separate from the packaging to save room in the SDB. But keep the packaging at home.

Draft saved Draft deleted