2017 P penny question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Juggalo, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Juggalo

Juggalo Active Member

A 2017 P penny is worth 1¢ in this condition right? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

Yes. Virtually all 2017 P cents are worth face value (except mint errors and high MS grades).

It might be worth more in 80 years or so but I'm not planning on sticking around to find out.

4. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Looks like there's a small die chip on the shield under the E in "E PLURIBUS UNUM".
    IMO doesn't add any value to the coin.

5. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Tom, I see small chips under the E in CENT and under the UN in UNUM, but not the one you describe. Also, the 2 I see appear to line up vertically.
    However, being a 2017, these could just be plating blisters?

6. Juggalo

Juggalo Active Member

Both of you have better eyes than I do I couldn't see them in the pictures and I hadn't taken the time to put it under the microscope yet with it I can see quite a few but they seem to turn up on newer pennies just like blistering. Quality control isn't what it should be I guess. And I was figuring it probably wasn't going to to be more than face value. Unfortunately I saw a video on YouTube that said they were worth money and were just being found problem was it popped up under new videos I might like and I didn't bother to check the date it was actually uploaded. Somedays I'm Special Ed.

Hookman likes this.
  7. Hookman

Don't get excited. Even if these are Die Chips and not blisters, the value for such small chips is almost non-existent.

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. Juggalo

Juggalo Active Member

Believe me after all the times it turned out to be machine doubling it takes a whole lot and someone to tell me I should be excited before I am. A follow-up question. Blistering is that worth anything I would think it wouldn't be because I come across it so often?

9. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Actually, on all zincoln's, it's blistering that brings the value up to 1 cent! :smuggrin::confused:;)

Clawcoins and Hookman like this.
  10. Hookman

^^^^^^^There's your answer, Jug !

11. Juggalo

Juggalo Active Member

Ok thanks. It was reply that said "even if it's die chips not blistering" made me think blistering might be worth something. Learning something new every day.

12. Hookman

Good man, Jug. That's what Coin Talk !! is all about.

13. Juggalo

Juggalo Active Member

As the saying goes the day you stop learning something new is the day you die

Hookman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted