2017 p Jefferson Nickel with cat in door way

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by CraftedbrWeirdos, Jul 21, 2019.

1. CraftedbrWeirdos

CraftedbrWeirdos New Member

20190708_162548.jpg This coin has several die brakes. On the O in Monticello, under the N in cents and next to the designers initials, but this one is the most interesting. I swear it looks just like a cat in the door way. I cant find any other examples of this online. Any idea if collectors would be interested or what I should ask for it if someone is interested?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PaNT3rA

PaNT3rA Active Member

I'm still fairly new at all this but I don't think an image of a cat has ever been part of the minting process, which leads me to believe it's post mint damage.

4. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

It could be a die chip or some foreign matter on the coin - it's hard to tell from your photo. It's cute but nothing special.

5. CraftedbrWeirdos

Cant be damage. It's a protruding image. It's clearly a die chip, or possibly from a lamination error on another coin, when seen in person. It's not actually a cat. It's just in the shape of a cat. I cant even fathom how pmd could cause a 3 dimensional cat shape. Lol.

6. CraftedbrWeirdos

The coin is very clean. Its definitely part of the coin. It's a small die chip, I know, but its interesting and this coin has quite a few. I forgot to mention that it has one over the E in Liberty on the obverse as well.

7. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Post a picture of the full coin

8. CraftedbrWeirdos

I was actually trying to earlier, but kept getting an error. It may be my connection. If I cant get one up tonight I will in the morning.

9. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Agree that it's a die chip. Generally, die chips do not being much,, if any premium. If someone offered a buck for it, I would take it and run.

Still think it's a cool piece

CraftedbrWeirdos likes this.
  10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If you got an error on a photo, but could still post text, it may be your photo is too large. Jim

CraftedbrWeirdos likes this.
  11. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

@MeowtheKitty might have something to say. I think this is up just the right alley

Heavymetal likes this.
  12. CraftedbrWeirdos

13. CraftedbrWeirdos

Sorry. We had storms here all day. Maybe I could sell it to an obsessive cat lady coin collector?

14. CraftedbrWeirdos

What do you mean?

Draft saved Draft deleted