2017 p dime extra olive cud

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by RckyMntJoe, Jan 22, 2018.

1. RckyMntJoe

RckyMntJoe New Member

Hi all, first post on cointalk. I have been collecting for some time and will try to post my finds. Ok so I hope my pics upload, but basically the coin is a 2017 p dime with what I think is a neat cud error on the olive branch? [Assuming olive] left of the torch, it looks like an extra olive or under heavy magnification kinda like a beetle. Anyone find something similar? Guess I should search the site first lol. 20180122_175949.jpg 20180122_180027.jpg 20180122_180154.jpg

gronnh20 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

Cool little die chip. Welcome to cointalk.

4. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

There is another die chip on the top leaf.

Welcome to CoinTalk.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

A die break on the interior of the coin is a die chip or interior die break. A break that has to do with the rim is a cud.
    Also looks like there is another little IDB on the top leaf of the olive branch.

6. RckyMntJoe

RckyMntJoe New Member

Ok, thanks y'all I am familiar with cuds and assumed all additional material on the coin was considered a "cud" I did notice the leaf and also there are some tiny chips on the torch flame. Hey learn something new everyday!! I'm gonna post my 1999 p dime later dunno what kind of error it is. I'm sure y'all can help me. Much appreciated

Draft saved Draft deleted