2017 p 7+ die chips + ddr ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Raizac, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

hay all I found this nice 2017 Ozark riverways with 7+ die chip on the reverse and i think maybe some doubling as well or it's dd not sure lot's going on with this coin never seen 7+ die chips on one coin before arrows are what I think could be doubling and circles are die chips 2017 ozark riverwaysddo .jpg 2017 ozark riverways.jpg 2017 ozark riverways ddr 008.jpg 2017 ozark riverways ddr 006.jpg 2017 ozark riverways ddr 005.jpg 2017 ozark riverways ddr 004.jpg 2017 ozark riverways ddr 002.jpg 2017 ozark riverways ddr 001.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

oops forgot 2017 ozark riverways ddr 003.jpg one this look's like the roof double

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It looks like machine doubling to me.

Die chips are very common and can be found on almost every denomination. They really don't add extra value to the coins, but some people do like to collect them.

Chris

5. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

yeah I have seen them on all coin's but not this many 7+ I have seen 1,2 maybe 3 die chips on one coin
    look at the last photo to the right of the top window where the walls meet the roof I see 3 different line's

6. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

Hiya @Raizac - What magnification are you using to examine this coin?

7. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

You're gonna kill your eyes looking at that stuff.

LaCointessa likes this.
  8. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

I don't feel that there are 7 die chips on the reverse of the coin.

I see one for sure, and maybe 1 or 2 others, at the most, imo.

Stevearino likes this.
  9. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

just a usb microscope I have it on normal so I can see most of the coin and then if I see errors I zoom in

10. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

HI, @Fred Weinberg
    let me show you what I believe to be the 7+chip's on a clean quarter. Inked2017 reffence QU_LI.jpg red dots are where I believe the die chips to be at. the yellow marker is on the branch and may not be a chip that's why it a /?
    #1 chip looks like a dot
    #2 could be dd
    #3 in the window is definitely a die chip
    #4 in the branches/leaves the red dots are the chip whats to the right of it does not match other quarter's
    #5 is in the Y of the branch
    #6 is all so in the Y of the branch and covers it
    #7 is what I think is the biggest die chip
    #8 is on the main trunk of the tree and branches to the right it looks like a "knot" and it's the one that I am not sure of it's right in the middle of #6 & #7
    chip #4 below
    in the branches/leaves, the red dots are the chip whats to the right of it does not match other quarter's
    2017 ozark riverways ddr 009.jpg
    reference Quarter below
    2017 reffence005 QU.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted