2017 Mint set Error question on "frosting"

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by dollar, Oct 30, 2017.

1. dollar

dollar Junior Member

This set is the 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set. The George Rodgers Clark quarter is missing the "frosting" on the reverse and some on the obverse. I took the following from ERROR-REF.COM website...
    • Incomplete Proof Laser Frosting (CW 9/12/16)
    • Could this be the error? I see no frosting on the reverse and very little on the obverse. This can't be environmental damage as it came in a set from the mint. Any thoughts as to what happened? 2017revcropms.jpg 2017mintsetfull.jpg 2017smintsetobvfull.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It's hard for me to tell from the enlargement of your image. What can I say? I'm blind anyway!

Chris

dollar likes this.
  4. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

No because those coins aren't 'proofs' they are 'enhanced uncirculated and they all look like that because the mint basically did a half donkied job.

See below another example with the same look as that's how they came standard from the mint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dollar and Lemme Caution like this.
  5. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

6. Lemme Caution

Lemme Caution Well-Known Member

As Joe E. Brown so memorably said to Jack Lemmon at the conclusion of 'Some Like It Hot' when the latter revealed he was a man in drag, "Nobody's Perfect." :)

coinsareus10 likes this.
  7. dollar

dollar Junior Member

Got it... no error just donkied job from the mint. Thanks for the responses!

Lemme Caution likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted