2017 and 2013 star notes

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Plumbingbymike, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Anything special?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

You need to post pictures for the best responses, but a star note usually isn't worth much of a premium if anything unless it is uncirculated.

4. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Photos? Serials?

5. IMG_20220827_141843804_HDR.jpg y IMG_20220827_141843804_HDR.jpg IMG_20220827_141829851_HDR.jpg IMG_20220827_141829851_HDR.jpg IMG_20220827_141843804_HDR.jpg
    They are posted. Not sure why they didn't post the first time. Sorry

NOS likes this.
  6. Thank you. It's directly from a bank but circulated. No wrinkles or folds

GH#75 likes this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Generally, higher denominations are difficult to sell, so not worth much over face, in my opinion.

GH#75 and SteveInTampa like this.
  8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I agree.

The OP’s notes. Cropped and rotated.

5EC7DC98-6CCC-48C7-8C0A-EBD254A39979.jpeg

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Might be a small premium but it’s a high value note and they are difficult to sell. Very nice looking but nothing special in the serial number.

10. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Thank you, as Mountain Man and Steve have said in case they are an extremely rare run, have a extremely fancy or low serial number, or an error note themselves, star notes of higher denominations aren't particularly worth much more than face value. Why? The demand from collectors just isn't there, for now it's a lot of money to tie up with no indication that there will ever be a return in the future that is greater than inflation.

Oldhoopster likes this.
  11. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

allot of people think they hit it big when they see that *STAR* at the end, sure
    you going to have less of a run then a standard note, but in order to make the
    note valuable, the serial number has to be special in someway like a radar or
    ladder note or odd or low series number and the condition has to be excellent to boot!, so I would say no premium over face, you would have to ask yourself why?

12. Matty B.

Matty B. New Member

I would also say that the rarity of the star note can be determined on the star note lookup. It is a very useful website and it gives you tons of information about your star notes!

Draft saved Draft deleted