2016-W Centennial Gold Mercury Dime - I got mine!!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mikenoodle, Apr 21, 2016.

1. jackrabb1t

jackrabb1t Well-Known Member

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Took pictures of it today:

[​IMG]

Overall I'm happy with it, but the mushy rim on the top of the reverse is a disappointment.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Nice pic Jack.........:)

Best shot I've seen so far.

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

yup only he knows how to take pics. i will have to see if he has other pictures posted.

Green you can retire now. Harvey says it will be okay :D

green18 likes this.
  5. stoster38

stoster38 Member

When I open the box there's a strange smell. I'm guessing it's the box & packaging. Anyone have the same experience? I hope the fumes/gases aren't dangerous for the coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

Yes that's from the packaging. All the previous ASE sets had that smell at first and it did not damage the coins.

7. Burnside_Q

Burnside_Q Member

I was really excited for this coin but after seeing it I'm really disgusted with the U.S Mint. The details are way too soft. Congrats to all who enjoy theirs though.

8. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

the fumes are to intoxicate the buyers so the wont know they got ripped off. :D

9. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

Yes, I think I agree with the posts above! gold is soft as can be. So why couldn't they get a nice strike? I got mine today. I like it, but.... gold merc sp70.jpg gold merc sp70.jpg gold merc rev.jpg mercgold obv.jpg rainbow holdergoldmerc.jpg

10. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Today's sales reports shows 119,920 sold, in theory leaving 5,080 available.

old49er likes this.
  11. I received my mercury dime Saturday, it came fedex to PO Box. Seven day and a trip all over the country. It's on it's was to NGC to be graded hopping for a SP70!!!. I hope that all the coin I sent in come back MS70's????.

old49er likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted