2016 Theodore Roosevelt North Dakota State quarter

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jjpe, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

I looked on variety Vista for this quarter and they didn't have it. Where else can I find state quarter errors? Or is this indeed an error? on the reverse look at Theodore Roosevelt. Especially the R's. And are those radial lines from die deterioration? The front looks the same. I'm suspecting the whole coin might be die deterioration. Thanks again IMG_20221204_104144846.jpg IMG_20221204_105046271.jpg IMG_20221204_104304119.jpg IMG_20221204_104252155.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

those radial lines are flow lines from heavy die deterioration, such as below
    The smashing metals gets flowed around, and over times etches the die facing.

upload_2022-12-4_11-30-11.png

4. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Current dies are made using the single squeeze method also known as class IX doubling. Some of the characteristics are different and learning them sounds like something that will help you. I think the incused letters make ID more confusing and most of what you see is still DDD and MD. IMO, you may want to go back to Wexlers site and spend some time reading about it.

Most of the Class IX doubling is insignificant IMO, but there are some that are considered desirable, and may be worth searching. Plus if you become proficient at it, there is a possibility of finding new DDs as coins are issued. Hope this helps.

There used to be a couple members on here that played in this sandbox and were pretty good at it. Haven't seen them in a while, though

https://www.doubleddie.com/58222.html and other tabs

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

Again a wealth of information if I only had a brain thanks

6. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

Hey people I just realized the horses nose is a die chip.

Draft saved Draft deleted