2016 Standing Liberty Gold Quarter

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by fish4uinmd, Sep 1, 2016.

1. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I am somewhat surprised that it isn't sold out yet. Didn't the previous ones sell out in minutes?

I'm guessing the 1 order per household has really slowed it down some... which is a good thing, really.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danjohnson

Danjohnson Well-Known Member

Ordered mine, no problems. Only anticipation now, like Christmas. (lol)

4. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I'm happy they haven't sold out yet. Hopefully other CT members who weren't able to log in during the day will have a chance to get one when they get home.

5. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I got my order confirmation email a few minutes ago!! Just waiting for the shipping confirmation now :)

6. SILVER E C-C

SILVER E C-C Junior Member

Ordered just 1 for myself at 2:25, still available :) nice !

7. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Got mine after some real frustrating attempts. My son snagged one; he teaches elementary phy ed and had the kids run laps while he was navigating the rough purchase waters. My daughter got one, only after she said she almost lost her religion in the process.
    Steve

8. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

They, as the dime, don,t arouse me. Carr,s set is much more fun at a fifth the price!

9. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Question: if these are not sold out, why are people paying 6 and 7 hundred bucks on ebay?

10. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Are they paying for graded coins with "first day" labels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

12. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

In sealed shipping boxes. First Strike™ eligible at some future point in time.

IF, the First Strike™ MS70's go up, then they win.

13. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Because of the household limit. Think about it, say you were a coin collecting grandfather (i'm sure there are a few here), and you have 3 grandkids and want to be sure they each get one. Well, more then likely grandpa won't put enough though into it to try and order one to someone else house etc., so they need to go to aftermarket sources to get the coins they need.

Same thing goes for the people who somehow think grading the coins and having it labeled "first day first issue Super SP70++**" make them worth more. They need to send in a certain amount of coins to ensure that they get the 70's they are looking for. Same goes for the dealers, I guarantee some of them have regular customers who won't go through the hassle of playing the Mint or Ebay game and just have a regular dealer who provides them with all the coins they need. If they need to get 50 SP70 graded coins to sell, they will likely have to send in 20% more then that to accommodate for the 69's.

These are just a few reasons Ebay will command higher prices, plus unless you are buying a "mint sealed unopened" coin from Ebay, more then likely you will be getting someones reject, might be missing the OGP etc...

So anyone care to take a stab at how many were sold today? Took a few minutes to get my order in so I guess invoicing on these starts around order # USM04400000, by the time my last order went through they were through about 6,000 more invoices... I'd guess to say they sold around 25,000~

14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I'll guess around 45k.

15. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

the invoice numbers may not be helpful in determining the number of orders for the Gold SLQ.

If I'm not mistaken, the order numbers are used for ALL Mint purchases, not just for a specific item.

16. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

I bought 2 by using my account and then my girlfriends account, first order was #043990** and the second was #044080**
    I think they sold around 40k of them today.

17. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I ordered one around 1:45 at work over the phone. West coast time, great looking coin, maybe they will sell out tomorrow, who knows. Not much fanfare, maybe b/c of the price and 1 per household limit.

18. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

I got mine, the mint finally sent a confirmation e-mail that my order was accepted. The only problem I had was the last step in paying for the coin, the page kept coming up as not available. After about four tries it finally accepted my payment. With 100,000 available and a limit of one per household, I didn't expect them to sell out right away.

I did get e-mails from different companies offering to buy my coin, they said leave it in the original mint box, they would send me a new postage paid label to put over the mint's label an mail it out to them. The offers I received was for $50 to $100 over cost. With a limit of only one, I don't think they will get many takers.

19. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

Yes I would like that. If the wing dime had a FSB then that would look alot better

20. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

The Mint should Not have put a limit of one. They should have leave it at 5 limit household.

21. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Not that it matters. There are ways around it (eg getting a friend to buy one) so flippers can still win.

Draft saved Draft deleted