2016 Lincoln cent MS68

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by dchjr, Feb 5, 2017.

1. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Sent off some coins to ANACS with their latest dollar -cent special, and picked out two of my best 2016 cents. Got one back MS67 and the other MS68. Looking up the 68 and PCGS and NGC both show $2,500. My question is, would this be the case with an ANACS coin, or do they have a lower premium? I do understand that it's only worth what someone is willing to pay, but this seems high for a new cent. I will probably sell it and was just wondering what to ask. Thanks.

Paul M. likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't know, but you'd better sell it fast. There is no telling what might happen to the surfaces of a lousy Zincoln.

FWIW, I don't think the value of this coin will come close to an NGC or PCGS coin

Chris

Kentucky, HarleyD34, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I, for one - generally an ANACS fan - don't trust them with Lincolns any farther than I cold throw the building they grade them in.

Johndoe2000$, Paul M. and dchjr like this.
  5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I love a soap box Anacs slab, I have a 1909 Lincoln, And would have to say they were pretty spot on. Havnt seen many lincolns in an new ANACS slab. Got any Pics?

Paul M. and dchjr like this.
  6. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

@BadThad says the ones with out the spots,
    (hard to find) them are the keepers.

8. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Nothing for this year on FMV yet . you might want to send them a email, with the grade and your images ...
    http://www.coinprices.org/

9. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Yes, almost all of them are well-struck with great luster. Most of the grading penalty comes from the black, stain spots.

10. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

Grades on ANACS mean nothing to the secondary market.

11. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I get better than those in my change at McDonalds. Do not believe everything you read. I got an idea. Get it CAC'ed. It should CAC, right? Then sell them to them at a 10% discount. Better still, only $2,249.95 each. They stand by their stickers, don't they? They buy the coins at the grade? There you go...

12. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

CAC won't certify ANACS coins.

I do think it would be interesting to see what PCGS or NGC would grade this same coin.

eddiespin likes this.
  13. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Yeah, he needs them in more "respectable" plastic for that. Never mind...

14. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

:rolleyes: I love to read posts. Let's see some magnified images of at least two of those McDonald's coins you claim to get. Better do it fast before the grease on the server's fingers starts working. :hilarious::hilarious:

15. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Are you serious? My little brats returned $25 boxes full of 2016 cents last year because there weren't any older cents in them to find. Anybody who seriously thinks any 2016 coin is worth 250,000X its face because of some attribute that can only be discerned in "magnified images" at the molecular level is in my humble opinion plumb off their rocker, and then some.

Michael K likes this.
  16. Insider

Nice try! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: You really know how to put the "spin" on. This thread is not about the coin roll hunting your children are doing. We cannot write about the price something will bring either. If some collector or investor wants to purchase a 2016 cent for $$$$ because that's what PCGS suggests a similar coin in their slab is worth - that's their business. Posters have told the OP the price his ANACS coins may bring has no relation to the price on the PGCS site.

IMO, you posted the claim about MS-67 and MS-68 graded cents being common at a fast food joint. I requested that you back it up with images of two coins or "spin" :yack::yack::yack: some more yarns.

PS Discerning the difference :shifty: between MS-68, 69, and 70 often requires magnification - especially with just an image. Furthermore, since you don't seem to have done any price research about what common, high mintage coins sell for in grades above 67, perhaps you should. You may be in for a surprise. I have heard some professional graders call it "The Greater Fool Theory."

HarleyD34 likes this.
  17. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

You're made to order for their marketing, @Insider. They don't even have to crack the whip for you, you're already jumping like a trained seal for it.

Insider likes this.
  18. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

The one reason I could even fathom that it would be so high is that from the PCGS population report for all the circulation 2016 cents they graded, only 1 was at 68 or higher. Looks like the same with NGC. Lots were in the 65-66 range, which would result in no real value there until you exceed those grades. I may just have to send it to one of them, just to scratch the itch.

mikenoodle likes this.
  19. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

The next step after that is get it CAC'ed. Then sell it to CAC.

20. Insider

Urh, Urh, Urh...throw me a fish while you are looking for one of those common MS-68 Red cents**. :hungry::p

** See post #17. One member did some helpful research rather than :yack::yack::yack::yack:.

PS If I owned one of those coins I would sell it faster than @eddiespin could "spin" a yarn! The population can only go up after folks start looking at their change from McDonalds.

21. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

From what I can tell, CAC doesn't certify modern coins. Out of luck there. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted