2016 Canada dime double date ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by R_rabbit, May 23, 2019.

1. R_rabbit

R_rabbit Well-Known Member

1CCDAC6B-C6FC-4AF9-88B4-D7E5BD0C310B.jpeg 6EE7C781-D9F1-4A12-9E92-1B28435E1A90.jpeg 0CDCB622-D6B1-45B5-8FC3-02A84B74C562.jpeg 463672E9-13BD-4CDB-BD65-C29C21F39894.jpeg Hi everyone:)

Just found this 2016 Canadian dime . With what looks like mechanical doubling on the date or die deterioration?
    What do you think?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Looks like MD to me.

R_rabbit likes this.
  4. R_rabbit

:)

It is not classified in coinsandcanada. Perhaps a new find?

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Since Mechanical Doubling changes with every strike, they couldn't catalog it.

6. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Honestly, photos don’t allow for determination of anything. It honestly looks like you just zoomed in on the same photo, which becomes pixelated as you digitally zoom in. Do you have a 5 or 10x loupe? If you’re searching for errors you certainly should. Put the loupe in front of the camera on your phone and take a photo without using zoom. This will prevent pixelation and improve the quality of the photo.

And machine doubling is also called worthless doubling, because, well I think that’s self-explanatory.

7. R_rabbit

:)
    It’s not the same photo. I took multiple photos. I do not have a 5x or 10x loupe. It should be next on my list.

I have never sold a coin and I am not looking to make money.
    Just like to collect and try to properly classify my own coins. With the help of wonderful people like you and everyone on ct!
    Thank you for your input.

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

No

R_rabbit and Seattlite86 like this.
  9. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

All you did was use digital zoom with the same camera. Digital zoom is the exact same as taking the original picture and just zooming in on a computer. You could take 100 photos and they would all come out the same. You don’t make the photo any better by zooming in digitally. You need a loupe to magnify things.

The that you don’t have even a 5x loupe is rather baffling. Please get a loupe as you’re wasting your time looking for errors with the naked eye. You’ll be much more productive with a loupe.

Whether you sell coins is completely irrelevant to me or your numismatic knowledge. I wasn’t trying to imply you’re looking for money for your coins, I was trying to help you understand that machine doubling is THE most common error, holds no value, and is considered useless to error collectors. We get disappointed when we determine doubling to be MD, because it means it’s not special. You seem to have got it in your head that MD and MAD are special... I’m just directly letting you know that they’re not. DDOs, RPMs, broadstruck, Struck through, mules, delamination, cuds, etc., those are special. Get a loupe, look for those :)

R_rabbit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted