2016 American Liberty Silver Medal Coins

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by GoldIRA, Aug 21, 2016.

1. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Hey all,

I did a search and didn't find a thread in the release this Tuesday for the 2016 American Liberty silver medal. It's going to be released at around $35 with limited montages of 12,500 (hh limit of 2). What do you think? Are you in for max? I really liked the gold version but didn't hold on to any because of the value. Looking forward to Tuesday myself, I'll be all in on this release.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I will be trying to get some, I really like the design

medjoy likes this.
  4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'm in.........

5. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I was really hoping no one would post this. Now, stop adding to it so no one knows about these until Wednesday.... hehe

6. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Isn't this pretty much the same design people hated on the UHR gold coin last year?

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Yes, but I don't remember a whole lot of people hating that design

8. jwitten

They hated it on that because it was a expensive coin (big investment) and there were better options they could have picked. It also had a fairly large mintage. This coin is dirt cheap in comparison, and a tiny mintage in comparison. If everyone that has a gold wants one of these..... well, they can't

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Dirt cheap? You can get SAE's cheaper.

Chris

10. jwitten

I did say in comparison to the gold ;)

11. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I'm in for 1 of each

12. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

I'm in for the HHL, good luck to all that plan on getting one.

13. YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin Active Member

Warning to those who are going to try and place an online order for these coins tomorrow: The US Mint has recently changed the rules for log-on passwords, so your old log-in routine may not work, causing delays in getting your order placed. If you want get a jump on that problem, and increase the possibility that your order will go through before these coins sell out, go to the Mint's website NOW, and make sure your password (and cc) info are up to date. Good luck...

DMac and Garlicus like this.
  14. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Is that 12,500 in total production of the coin or 12,500 for West Point and 12,500 for San Francisco?

15. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

12,500 each I believe.

treehugger likes this.
  16. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

It's per medal so the S mint 12,500 and the W mint 12,500. Of note though is that there is no mintage limit; just a product limit. So if the mint want's to later offer both medals together in one product there is nothing stopping them from doing so.

treehugger likes this.
  17. silverpoint

silverpoint Member

sold out in 5 min

18. YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin Active Member

Online order placed at 10:03 mountain time: USM04373xxx

SILVER E C-C likes this.
  19. jwitten

Holy cow.. was buying as fast as I could, sold out in about 5 minutes. Not even sure how many I actually got

Cascade likes this.
  20. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

I got HH limit for each mint. Was pretty easy getting through the process this time considering some of the issues I've had with ordering in the past.

21. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Damn that Was easy. Slight delay but I got 2 of each on same order so I don't have to pay double shipping :)

Draft saved Draft deleted