2015 (yes 2015) Coin and Currency Set

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TopcatCoin, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I've got that one, but when ordering spaced on the D set.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Sorry Jeff.........I meant to say they were still available.......and as of this posting , they still are. :)

5. green18

All of my 2015 dollars have the date & mintmark in the same spot (under the bust of Sacajawea) and all are in position 'B'. My 2014 dollars are all at position 'B' but the placement of the mintmark and date varies with each coin..........

6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Wow that was easy...I went to the US Mint site and did the return thing and a couple hours later I get a label (UPS) to send them back:D

7. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

As of 8/30/2015, 51,605 sets sold. They're going to have to remove the HHL to sell these out.

8. I sound like a broken record, but they should have kept the mintage at 50K. That seems like a good over/under for some of these modern clad sets.

dwhiz and mikenoodle like this.
  9. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

Got my 5 today. Didn't look at the coins under a glass yet, but didn't see any obvious problems. I got 3 consecutive SNs: 91166460 - 462, and two others in the ballpark (446 and 453, IIRC).

Rob

dwhiz likes this.
  10. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

In an effort to try and get cool serial number, I split up my order into 2 shipments, ordering 3 then 2. My orders were one day apart. The first was shipped USPS and I received it last Thursday. The second was shipped FedEx and I have yet to receive it. Screenshot_2015-09-01-14-17-13-1-1.png
    They both were shipped from the same fulfillment center in Memphis, which is only 50 miles from me. I don't understand the logic in this. I suspect there was/is some lobbying going on for the mint to use a private instead of a public service to deliver a package, that was routed back into USPS.

11. green18

The postal service (in the intent to save money) contracts a private carrier (UPS/FDX) to pick the shipment up and carry it for the first leg of the journey. The final leg is carried out by your local postal carrier. I don't know if this actually saves them money but the fact that they have been doing it for so many years (contracting) seems to bear that fact out........

12. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

I think it is actually the other way around. FedEx (Smartpost) is the one who contracts with the Post Office to do the final delivery...they just transport and deliver in bulk to the USPS. It is assumed that since the PO goes to your house every day anyway, they can do that part of the job more cheaply than FedEx. The cost to the customer is in the extra days in transit. UPS has a similar "service"...Mail Innovations, maybe?

Rob

stoster38 and green18 like this.
  13. green18

Sure Post........And I stand corrected by you, my friend. :)

14. All 5 of my RP coins are position B.

15. green18

Edge lettering all in the same orientation TC?

16. Looks like it, but hard to see without removing coins.

17. green18

Yeah.....had to remove all of mine to determine this.

18. Hommer

Got the two missing ones, this afternoon. Both have a ding on Sacagawea's nose and the bill is slid far to the right with a crease it one the first. In the second the bill is slid down with a crease across the bottom. But both coins are finned. What to do.......

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  19. Hommer

20. silverpoint

silverpoint Member

finally got round to opening box coins all look real nice dollars 3 in sequebce and 2 just 2;3 off from other 3 but all packaging perfect..

stoster38 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted