2015 (yes 2015) Coin and Currency Set

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TopcatCoin, Jul 23, 2015.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Me too DT......

d.t.menace likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Getting ready to submit my coins to NGC. Not interested in also submitting the bills. From what I see in NGC instructions, I have to cut the packaging to submit just the coin. Am I reading this right?

http://www.ngccoin.com/news/ViewArticle.aspx?NewsletterNewsArticleID=3252

"If submitting only the coin to NGC or only the note to PMG, only the panel with the coin or note should be submitted along with the appropriate grading company submission form. The panel must be intact. "

4. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

The position was random (A&B) on the 2014, so probably the same on the 2015.

5. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

You would think so, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The 2014 enhanced Sacagawea dollars did have random edge lettering as it was applied to the coin in a separate step from the striking of the coin design. So you have two primary varieties (position A and position B) and the possibility of edge lettering errors... there was at least one ANACS graded example with missing edge lettering that sold for over $10k I seem to remember.

But from what I've heard from others with coins in hand so far, all of the edge lettering on the 2015 enhanced Sacagawea dollars is the same orientation, suggesting it was applied at the same time the coin design was struck with the edge lettering as part of the collar. Again, still waiting to see these in hand to know for sure.

Odd that they would change the method of manufacture like that, but it's also odd they'd strike the coin at the West Point mint in the first place.

6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

My second order shipped Fed X smart Post? it is on the way to the post office for the post office to deliver to my home address ?
    I thought that Fed x would deliver to me, oh well there goes that experiment.
    Concussion FedEx Smart Post will deliver quicker to my PO box That's life:confused:

7. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

My second order shipped with FedEx too. A government entity not using another government entity, something just don't seem right about that.

8. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

All of my coins have the edge lettering in the same orientation and are exactly in the same location. There are also collar seams on all of them. 20150831_104952-1.jpg

illini420 likes this.
  9. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Mine came USPS, now what's weird is that by returning, then exchanging the one set, the tracking number is from UPS but it's going (both ways) USPS... now if that ain't odd.

10. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I got my set in the mail yesterday and by looking at the coin, I'd grade it an SP69, not worth getting graded. My serial # on the dollar bill was nothing exciting either. But I do love the finish on the coin. It still looks great.

11. Has anyone checked the edge lettering on the RP coin? Should have some position A and some position B.

Position A: Lettering is upside down when obverse of coin is face up

Position B: Lettering is right side up when obverse of coin is face up

12. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

Has this sets sold out yet at the mint?

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

As of this posting, yes.

14. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I ordered and received 2 sets.

My serial numbers were non-consecutive. Did anyone else have this experience?

15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Looks to me like they're still available...?

16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Just received my last 2 both bills folder over, the coins were nicer that the first two. So i swapped them out (the coins) and I'll sent those back.

17. Silverhouse

The lettering is position B on my coin. I also did not receive consecutive serial numbers.

mikenoodle and TopcatCoin like this.
  18. I have not heard of anyone getting a coin with Position A. Please post if you get one. TC

19. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

I got mine. After a couple of days, I looked real close at the coin. It has a boo-boo on the E and D in UnitED on the obverse. It is black like a comma. I can't tell what it is inside the capsule.

So, it is going back to the Post Office, right now.

20. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

All my five coins are position B, for the 911 dollars I got four consecutive numbers and one is off by one to break the consecutive streak.

TopcatCoin likes this.
  21. Silverhouse

UGH, I don't know how but I totally forgot about the D minted coin for this set. A major momentary lapse of reason. LOL. I bet it skyrockets on ebay.

Draft saved Draft deleted