2015 (yes 2015) Coin and Currency Set

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TopcatCoin, Jul 23, 2015.

1. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

I have had to send sets of coins back including one Truman set. If you call customer service and ask for return shipping they WILL email you a prepaid label to put on the box and return the item or items. After I discovered they will do this I ask every time I have to return something.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

You can also print a prepaid return shipping label right in your account online if you bought them using the mints website.

McBlzr likes this.
  4. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

Just got my one set today, the coin looks just fine, the currency piece is flat but no good number other than the Bnine eleven-69446A, boring

Maybe I ought to order a few more for better numbers?

5. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? Mine damn near fell on the floor, both of them were hanging on by a thread, I had a hell of a time trying to get them to snap back together.

6. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

Bummer!

7. charlietig

That's exactly how mine look.

All wonderful to hear tidbits, I will call customer service on Monday and go from there.

8. charlietig

You can say that again, had the capsule on one set fall out on the counter, the other one was barely on, incredible.

9. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

Sounds like they need to adjust the robots who put them together. At least the TPGs do it by hand with water, snacks, and no mouth masks to encapsulate the slabs.

10. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Interesting the one that I took a photo of was very easy to open, I didn't try to open the other one.

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Opening was no problem........one half came apart no problem. The coin remained in the other half of the capsule and was unbudgeable. I didn't want to force it out for fear of damaging it.

12. Hairdryer on low heat setting for 2 mins and it will pop right out no problem. TC

green18 likes this.
  13. green18

Thanks TC......I'll try that. :)

14. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Wondering the same thing... anyone with a few of them want to check the edges to see if all have the same edge lettering like the proof coins that have the edge lettering as part of the collar when struck instead of a separate process??

Haven't received mine yet as I'm in CA and FedEx smartpost is horribly slow! Supposed to get mine by Thursday! My sister in Hawaii received her order a couple days ago... she could get those coins in the mail to me and I'd still get them faster than my original Mint order, haha!

15. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

These look like they are using a two piece collar. The two I looked at had a definite ridge on the edge where the collar didn't quite come together. So probably edge lettered in the collar.

16. green18

I thought I remembered reading 'randomness' in regard to the edge lettering orientation but I was probably drinking that evening......

17. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

...my set is in transit via USPS int'l priority to Germany, maybe I'll get it sooner than the folks in Cal (then you should start a rant thread ;-)

Does anybody know the KM # by chance?

18. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

19. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

On business strikes they are random, position A or B because the edge lettering is done separate from striking. If the edge lettering is part of the collar all the coins will be only position A or only position B, not both .

20. green18

So which is it? A or B?

I'll have to check the orientation of my sets on the morrow.....

21. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Dunno, I don't know which orientation is A or B. Never saw the need to find out as I always thought it was kinda silly to collect them like that. For my prez dollar set all I care about is dates and mintmarks.

green18 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted