2015 (yes 2015) Coin and Currency Set

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TopcatCoin, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  2. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Well, as it stands right now, I guess it's a bit of a "poor description gamble"...

Blissskr likes this.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Watch the coin be a reverse proof Truman........

4. silverpoint

silverpoint Member

b nice if it is sacagawea enhanced again boost last years a bit maybe....

19Lyds likes this.
  5. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I love when the mint throws us a bonus flipper. Here's hoping this is a good one!

6. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

And, it's only July, the mint still has time to hit us with another 5 or 6 unannounced coins. I'll tell you, since I buy multiples to put away, this is becoming expensive. If the mint keeps this up, I'm going to have to become a flipper to support it all. Oh well, more coins, more flippers, market more saturated. I resisted believing coins were going down the path of sports cards and stamps, but 2015 made me a believer.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    derkerlegand likes this.
  7. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

From the link:

"This product will be available for sale on August 24, 2015, at 12 noon (ET)"

and that's it! Think they're milking us for everything they can? :inpain:

dwhiz likes this.
  8. statequarterguy

Ok, Green, where's the post with The Monkees song, I'm a Believer?

9. statequarterguy

They're ruining the hobby. There's no time for prior issues to mature before all are chasing the newest issue. As soon as some of the series I'm collecting end, I'm out of the hobby as a collector, I'll just flip them all until the market is so saturated, even the flippers can't make anything.

10. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Ditto.

Never hurts to sign up for the "Remind Me"

Rmo63 likes this.
  11. 19Lyds

So you "have" been listening! Yahoo!

coinzip likes this.
  12. 19Lyds

Focusing on the "becoming expensive" comment, I canceled my Silver Proof Sets subscriptions, my Presidential Dollars Set subscription, my Annual Dollar Coins subscriptions, my US Mint Set Subscriptions and my US Mint Proof Set subscriptions because it was simply too expensive to try and keep up what with all the different commemoratives, silver eagles and now Coin & Chronicles Sets with Coin and Currency sets.

I'm only going for the "somewhat" sure things now which is why I totally over looked the Teddy Roosevelt Coin & Chronicles Set after choking so badly on the Benjamin Franklin Coin & Chronicles Set and that stupid, stupid, stupid Lewis & Clark Coin and Currency Set! $90 out of the gate whch now retails for between $25 and $50!

Interested in starting a "Biggest US Mint Loser's" List??

13. statequarterguy

The loser list is long, so would require much time & paper to compile.

I haven't bought my usual proof, mint, and other sets this year either, as all available funds have been spent on multiples of multiple sure winners.

At least I haven't been sucked into buying over produced gold issues that will sell at close to melt. I may buy them when gold completely tanks.

14. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

I don't get it. In one thread you say the Mint does not take advantage of selling more coins to make more profit. The Truman Set, right?

Now you say "their ruining the hobby" by making collector coins.

Which way is it?

LJRambo111 likes this.
  15. statequarterguy

It's not one way or the other. My complaint here is that there are too many new issues. If they made 50k of the each of the president RP's this year and that's all they issued, the market could handle it and they'd do well. The point is there's just way too many different issues, even issues with the same coins, but different packaging.

Time will tell where the saturation point is - I have to believe we are headed there. Apparently it's already at the point the mintage has to be so low that they sell out in 10 minutes for them to be a winner.

16. statequarterguy

Depends what the mintage is, lower = 2014 gets hurt. Best would be the same mintage, so we probably won't see that.

I'll tell you, if they undermine the 2014 set with a lower mintage 2015, the risk factor for speculating on these just went way up.

17. green18

Lewis and Clark have touched me dearly.....the accomplishments of the 'Corp of Discovery' have been heralded and notably written. James Alexander Thom and his book "From Sea to Shinning Sea' was devoured much in the same way one would binge on chocolate. 'Newfoundland' by Allan Wolf was a joy to me. History is a fascination of mine.......especially accomplishments rendered under duress that a modern day sod, like me, would probably leave lacking. Heroes.......

And so I collect those commem's.......:)

18. green18

Just for you my friend.....:)

Though I daresay 'believer' is eroding into 'disbeliever'?

Still, I collect........

19. 19Lyds

Unlike me. I bought the Kennedy at US Mint prices butt traded a Kennedy RPM for one that was graded and ended up selling the one I bought at a loss.

It was really too bad because the presentation material was exceptional!
    Damn! I'll really miss that box!!

20. Hay, hay, the the monkeys have great songs, loving it. Don

Draft saved Draft deleted