2015-P NE 25C DDR! DDR-023 or WDDR-045?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by SorenCoins, Nov 26, 2021.

1. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

Hello everybody. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

I found this DDR a while back but forgot about it until I rediscovered it in a group of coins on my desk. I went through trying to identify it using Wexler's site (doubleddie.com) and the CONECA listings on varietyvista.com

I found one apparent match on each site, but neither site acknowledges any cross references for these varieties, so I can't tell if they are the same or not.

Here are the images of my coin-
    - Whole reverse:
    IMG_2663.jpg
    - Doubling in window R3:
    IMG_2671.jpg IMG_2670.jpg IMG_2674.jpg
    - Die markers (die break in bottom right corn ear and die depressions along roof):
    IMG_2682.jpg IMG_2687.jpg IMG_2677.jpg

On varietyvista.com, my coin matched with DDR-023, which is listed here: http://varietyvista.com/09e WQ Vol 5 ATB/2015PNEDDR023 quarter.htm
    This listing had die markers listed that matched those on my coin.

On doubleddie.com, my coin matched with WDDR-045, which is listed here: https://doubleddie.com/1467540.html
    Here is an image of the doubling on WDDR-045:
    [​IMG]
    (image is from the listing on doubleddie.com)
    If the image doesn't load, open the link and scroll down to WDDR-045. Alternatively, one could do control + F (for Windows) or command + F (on Mac) and search "045" to find it.

However, the WDDR-045 listing states that there are no significant die markers. Perhaps the word "significant" excludes die depressions along the roof and die chips in the corn ears because they are so common that they do not really serve as good die markers. I am not sure.

What I am trying to figure out is:
    a) Is the varietyvista listing DDR-023 the same die as WDDR-045?
    b) If DDR-023 and WDDR-045 are different dies, which is mine?

Thank you to all that read through this thread to help me out :)

SorenCoins

Draft saved Draft deleted