2015 P Dime

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hommer, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Today I stopped to get gas at a convenience store and in my change I got 2 2015 dimes. I always look at my change.

Well one was a P mint the other a D. The P had an anomaly on the obverse and reverse. So I went back in and talked the clerk into selling me the rest of them. She sold me the ones in her drawer but as usual in a convenience store, she had to get another roll out of a machine and it wasn't new.
    Anyway out of the ones she sold me I got 5 that had the same details. Here are pictures of 2 of them. 20150415_173710.jpg
    Notice the detail over the ear and the eyebrow.
    20150415_173721.jpg 20150415_173721-1.jpg On the reverse of all of them is another. Notice the details of the olive leaf and torch flame 20150415_173533-1.jpg 20150415_173645-2.jpg . Thoughts?
    Edit to add these are all in relief.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Maybe die chips?

4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

The reverse looks like a die chip. The obverse looks like dripped metal. I have found this numerous times on Roosevelts over the years. Very hard to find die cracks though.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I need better pitchers! Make 'em 64oz. Bud.

Chris

coinzip, tommyc03 and Hommer like this.
  6. Hommer

The first I saw was the leaf and because it's edges were kinda sharp my first thought was die chip. The rest of the marks are smooth, even the ones on the flame. Don't know that I have ever seen where both dies have similar marks and weren't clashed.

tommyc03 likes this.
  7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

8. Hommer

Know where we can trade these in on some?

9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I'll post here because I don't have photos but I got lucky the other day. Got my first 2 new 2015 P Lincolns in change and both had numerous die cracks. So, I guess we both got lucky. Good for you on your find!

Hommer and furryfrog02 like this.
  10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

What'd they do? Spell 'Liberty' wrong?

Hommer likes this.
  11. Hommer

Yeah. They left out the O.

12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

PUBERTY

Chris

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Puberty is now Liberty? Good God, I know I haven't had that many bourbons yet Chris........:)

14. I got a 2015 dime in change. Die chip on cheek...lol. TC

20150507_151756913.png

tommyc03 likes this.
  15. 3FingerTony

3FingerTony New Member

I always inspect my change at the end of the day. Today I found a 2015 p dime and upon closer inspection notice Roosevelt's sportin' an earring. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

coinzip likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted