2015 March of Dimes Special Silver Set

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by rickmp, Jun 9, 2015.

1. TaterTot

TaterTot Active Member

That thing is so sweet. Bummer I missed out!
    Maybe these will drop a lot in aftermarket value in 2 years and I can buy one! :) (no offense)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

What do you think they'd grade ? I like a couple others were worried we might get someones returns . What's your opinion as they look great in the pics .

Morgandude11 likes this.
  4. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Either 69 or 70. I haven't taken the loupe to them yet. I will bet 69, and will be happy with that, as they are staying in mint packaging-- not sending them out.

5. rzage

Thanks, mine will stay in their packing too . Thought I'd get one with a couple scratches .

Morgandude11 likes this.
  6. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

I Just looked at them an hour ago with my 10x. No scratches. I would say the two dimes are 69, and the dollar might be 70. Doesn't matter---happy with them!!

7. rzage

Good to know !!!!!

Morgandude11 likes this.
  8. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I just received my 2 sets.
    One looks perfect under 10X loupe. A capsule has a scrape, but the coin is sweet. The other is not so nice though. The proof dime has a nasty spot just behind Roosevelt's ear, but the dollar and reverse proof dime look perfect under a 10X loupe.
    If these were returns, i have no problem with the little scrape on the capsule. I have spare mint capsules that I've saved just for times like this.
    I do understand why the other set may have been returned, but I'm afraid of returning it because there's probably none left for exchange and the RP dime is, after all, perfect.

Pictures, if possible, will follow.

9. rzage

Sorry to hear about the one coin Rick , but glad the others are good . My tracking says they won't be here till the 16th . USPS must be back using the Pony Express , heck even that would of been faster than this .;)

Morgandude11 likes this.
  10. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Mint ships with Fedex smartpost.

11. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

My sets were shipped by UPS when I ordered them maybe depends on where you live.

12. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I received UPS as well

13. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

My card just got dinged last night. I can't wait to get mine.:)

14. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

When did you order? I am still waiting on the coins I bought when they lifted the household limit.

15. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

I ordered 2nd day, May 5th.

16. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Received 2 more sets yesterday. Ordered them the 1st or 2nd day, I believe. They're at my brother's in RI, will probably pick them up later this week.

17. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

My 5 sets came Friday....inside the box is (15) PR71 coins. Worth $2k per set!..:greedy:

Attached Files:

18. "Once that ship has sailed don't hold on to the anchor."

--- Stanley Victor Paskavich

Draft saved Draft deleted