2015 March of Dimes Special Silver Set redux

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by medjoy, May 27, 2015.

1. medjoy

medjoy Active Member

For those of you that missed out the first time around
    I just received this email from the USMint:

We want you to know that limited quantities of this product will be available tomorrow (5/28/15), between 7:00 and 7:30 am (ET).

charlie123 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go out on a long and sturdy branch and say that these are the returned coins due to their flaws.

Spud Koolzip likes this.
  4. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

o_OI thought coin of the century was sold out?:eek:

5. Dancing Fire

So the 5 sets that I'll be receiving in Aug. are lemons? :bigtears:

6. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

I just started a similar thread in the US Coins Forum. I have a backorder for August, too.

Well I just got off the phone with Mint customer service and they said those "available" tomorrow will also be backorders. So it is really more backorder slots being made available.

Rob

rzage likes this.
  7. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Lucky , I'm only getting one set for my 3 month old Grandson . I think they didn't mint the whole limit to make sure they sold out , so you should be good , but I'm not a big buyer from the mint so this is my opinion only .

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'll bet that these are the result of folks canceling their back-orders.

It's likely that some people have not yet gotten the "Coin of the Century" memo. ;)

9. charlie123

charlie123 Well-Known Member

^ nominated for post of the century...

10. Dancing Fire

Neither am I. This is the first time that I have ordered anything from the mint. How much is the "last strucks" worth?:greedy: 2 X more than the first strucks?

11. re-collect

re-collect Active Member

The first strike designation by TPG's is nothing more than exploitation. It may be a good business move on their part, but I hope most collectors see it for what it is.

Hope1275 likes this.
  12. medjoy

medjoy Active Member

Does anyone know for sure they recycle returned coins? Once I called the mint and asked and didn't get a definitive answer.

13. Dancing Fire

Yup, what a joke!:vomit:

14. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but if they'll buy 'em, we'll sell 'em!

15. Dancing Fire

:hilarious:

16. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Sooo... I have been reloading the us mint page since 7 and have not seen them on sale yet..

17. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Wow, they BRIEFLY became available, I added 10 to my cart, tried checking out, and they were already sold out again

18. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

same here, added some to my cart, and they were gone by the time I tried to finishing checking out

19. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

Man - I didn't even see them become available... i had ordered one earlier and thought about getting a second, but decided not to. Regretting that descision now

20. HowardStern

HowardStern Member

yup, they became available at about 7:20 for back order until the end of August. I had my cc info saved and ready but still was sold out by the time I clicked enter.

21. Paul_62

Paul_62 Just takin' it one day at a time

I never saw them available at all.... :(

Draft saved Draft deleted