2015 March of dime commemorative coins

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by anchor1112, Feb 28, 2015.

1. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

2015 March of dime commemorative coins selling on this March 13. Total mintage 500,000.

2015w March of dime silver dollar proof. Pre-issue price $46.95. Regular price $51.95.
    2015p March of dime silver dollar unc. Pre-issue pride $43.95. Regular price $48.95.

Two 2 coins set to be offer at a later date.
    2015w March of dime silver proof dollar and a 2015p roosevelt silver reverse proof dime selling at $61.95.
    2015w March of dime silver proof dollar and a 2015w roosevelt silver proof dime. No price yet.
    Both roosevelt silver dime will be the lowest mintage for the roosevelt dime series. Only when both sell out.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

Another worthy cause, another Edited ~laanguage coin from the US Mint. PASS! Our commem coin program will continue to suck as long as some proceeds go to - whoever.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  4. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Put me down for ZERO.

5. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Give me the dimes. Keep the dollars. :)

Dougmeister likes this.
  6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

2015w roosevelt silver proof dime. That's the only one I have any interest in

Dougmeister likes this.
  7. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

Almost all the dime for 2015 should be candidate for the lowest mintage on their respective type. (1) Reverse silver proof dime with the unique first time mint mark p. (2)!Silver proof dime with the unique first time mint mark w. (3) silver proof dime mint mark s. Also candidate for lowest s mint mark mintage. That is combination of silver proof set and limited silver proof set. (4) clad uncirculated dime from the mint set is also candidate for the lowest mintage of that type. (5) clad proof dime with mint mark s from the clad proof set.
    The first two types should be the best coins to collect. Possible only 50,000 mintage each. But every time. the mint is already mark up the price heavily. It seems there are no room for the collectors to make me money.

8. Spud Koolzip

Spud Koolzip Member

March of Dimes commemorative lame? Maybe so, but still no where near as lame as last year's Civil Rights Act Commem. The low sales of 85,000 was testimony to the fact that not many people were eager to celebrate passage of the most blatantly unconstitutional law in U. S. history.

9. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

It seems like the mint caters only to large dealers with product releases with the potential for some quick upside. Most of the time shamefully allowing them to dominate purchases to immediately create a price bubble effect in the market so these large dealers can profit before the prices sink back down as the bubble bursts.

Travlntiques and Spud Koolzip like this.
  10. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

Mint limited mintage products and slabbed coins are for dealers to make Money and not for ordinary collectors.

dwhiz likes this.
  11. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

How do you get the "pre-issue price"?

12. Blissskr

Usually it's just the introductory price offered by the mint on the mints website when the product is first released so all you have to do is purchase during that window.

Spud Koolzip likes this.
  13. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

both special sets priced at $61.95. Melt value is only $14.00.

14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

While I have no interest in modern commems, I accept that there are many collectors for them.

Perhaps they will be the future winners with many low mintages.

And, I will lose out, but good luck to all buyers.

15. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

Correction: special set is a set composed of three coins. One March of dime commemorative silver proof dollar. And two pieces of silver dime. One with w mint mark as silver proof dime and the other is reverse proof silver dime with p mint mark. the price is $61.95. Mintage 50,000 set.

16. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Where did you get this information? Have a link?

17. Blissskr

There's a picture of it here http://catalog.usmint.gov/2015-marc...t=undefined&q=undefined&cgid=product-schedule

And some info here though 3rd party
    http://www.coinworld.com/news/2015-march-of-dimes-special-set-pricing-announced-by-u-s-mint.html

I couldn't find the actual US Mint press release on mintage but the pricing is here http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-02-24/pdf/2015-03722.pdf

I'm glad the dimes are going to be silver makes this set more interesting to me than if they went with clad.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  18. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I'll get possible 2 sets just to keep the Commemorative Coin collection going. I certainly won't fall into the jaws of the lowest mintage hype machine though. Few people ever really escape those jaws.

19. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

I'd be interested only in the "W" dime.

I wish they wouldn't have done this. I like my 1996-W and liked the idea that it was the only (?) non-gold non-silver proof (or ASE) ever made with the West Point mint mark.

20. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Well, I hope these will be sold like the 2012 & 2013 ASE sets, unlimited mintage for a limited time. A 50k limit will create another fiasco, like the 2011 ASE set. It would sell out in 5 hours and leave lots of collectors out.

21. Blissskr

Technically the 1996 W will still be the only non gold /non silver proof W mint mark because the W dime is going to be 90% silver and a proof.

Cochisz, dwhiz and Dougmeister like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted