2015 Kennedy Coin and Chronicles set: New info with link.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by TopcatCoin, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  2. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Not crazy about the reverse on the medal.

ax3_c.jpg

JPeace$ and jwitten like this.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Yikes, that is the worse medal so far

Bigpoppa likes this.
  4. I.L. McDougal

I.L. McDougal Active Member

I have to admit.. the reverse kinda creeps me out.

5. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

They might as well have just used a half dollar...

6. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

One could have only wished for such an occurrence. Then it really would have been a great set to speculate on.

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

The motto should have been the one that he's most known for....."ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country". Still rings true today.........

Paddy54, Travlntiques, dwhiz and 3 others like this.
  8. green18

Actually, these are supposed to be repo's of inaugural medals so 'can' my last comment......

9. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Gotta agree with that comment!! Only 50,000 sets, I really like this idea. It's likely gonna be really hard to order this set before it sells out though, any pointers fellas?

10. MCM offer for Kennedy C&C set:

Make Money By Ordering from the Mint
    Order sets for $120.85 & we will pay you $180.85!
    We have selected our best customers to receive this special offer. On September 16th at 12:00pm ET, the US Mint will be selling a set called, "The Coin and Chronicles Set – John F. Kennedy" for $57.95 each. There is a strict limit of two sets per household. The total amount that the Mint charges for the 2 sets is $120.85 ($115.9 for the sets plus $4.95 for postage).

We will pay you $60 to buy the sets and send them to us. The $60 payment is in addition to the cost of $120.85 you have already incurred from the mint for a total of $180.85 – this total is also inclusive of any shipping costs you may incur to send them to us. It is important to place the order at 12:00 noon EST when the sets are put on sale as we want to be the first ones to get them. The Harry S. Truman Coin & Chronical Sets sold out very quickly, in less than 15 minutes; The Eisenhower Coin & Chronicles Sets sold out in less than 11 minutes. The U.S. Mint has raised the mintage from 17,000 to 50,000 for the Kennedy Coin & Chronicles Sets but with the popularity of these sets, we still expect a sellout.

***IMPORTANT***

If you decide to participate in this event, you can email your name, phone number, email address, and quantity of sets you will purchase to nathan@moderncoinmart.com. You may also call our sales reps at the number below and provide your name and contact information. If you do not know how to order from the U.S. Mint, our sales team can give you details on how to order and how to send the sets to our offices. Unless otherwise instructed, payment will be via check. If you prefer PayPal (subject to fees) please let us know.

Once you receive order confirmation from the U.S. Mint for your purchase on the 16th, please forward that confirmation to Nathan Frook at nathan@moderncoinmart.com.

All shipping, billing, and payment questions can be answered via our sales team as well.

11. green18

The absurdness waits to begin.......

12. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Ditto!

For the Record, I like the medal.

13. green18

Heck, I like all of the medals (in the series) Lee. They are all beautiful works of art.

medjoy likes this.
  14. Pere

Pere Active Member

One might wish that something like the medal designs had been used for the coins...

green18 likes this.
  15. green18

Indeed my friend........:)

16. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

Shoot...this goes on sale while I'm at work...this should be more interesting than the other one then...might have to put a "back in 5 minutes" sign up...

17. green18

Let's hope that's all we'll need to get these sets........

18. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

At 50,000 sets, I don't anticipate a problem.

19. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Sort of looks like those PowerPoint "String Bean" characters are climbing on the backsides of the torches.

20. Tim C

Tim C Active Member

Where do you think the design for the 1964 Kennedy half dollar came from? Both the obverse and reverse?

PS: President Kennedy approved both the obverse and reverse of the medal. Also, you will notice that the reverse of the medal was designed by the same person who designed the reverse of the Kennedy half dollar and the obverse of the medal and half dollar was also designed by the same individual.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted