2015 High Relief 24k Gold Coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TopcatCoin, Jun 20, 2015.

1. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I shipped my two coins off to NGC this morning via Expedited Express Service ;)

Aflac_Flying_Duck_Snip.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

Let us know what grade they get please.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Oh, come now. Still not able to post? Elementary dear fellow.
    Me too, but no one wants my signature, except the credit card folks, and that always costs me money.........

5. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

Got my coins today.

Yep, still can't post a thread, and still no confirmed account. I think that is the problem. Not like this is difficult to handle or fix for the site owner. I guess he is just very busy. I have been chatting on forums going back to AOL rooms. Not rocket science. I received an email in my yahoo account about the newsletter and accepted it, but never an admin. confirmation. The other site hosts try to access my account and it shows up as private.

Maybe I am being blocked by the NSA. Who knows... Part of a problem may be the mess of email accounts I have. I did try to confirm the account here and it never went through. I then tried with a couple other accounts and would get no emails back.

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Well, since you can post to existing threads, you obviously have an account. Do you receive private-message notifications? (I sent you one a few days ago.) Can you post a screenshot of what you see at the "forum view" level -- say, if you click on the "Coin Chat" link at the top of the page where you're viewing this thread? Here's what I see when I do that:

new-thread-snapshot.gif

I don't see the "Post New Thread" link when I'm already viewing a thread, or viewing New Posts or Alerts -- only when I'm viewing a forum.

7. Brian Calvert

8. Brian Calvert

Why i try to insert a picture, it only asks for a URL, doesnt show a feature to find picture ? The try above was from Dropbox...

9. Brian Calvert

10. Brian Calvert

At this point, I don't even mind giving someone my info to login... As you can see, it is asking me to reconfirm via my email address....
    I don't understand why i am having so much trouble...
    Oh well...

11. Brian Calvert

12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You want to use "Upload a File" at the bottom of the reply box, not the little insert-image icon at the top. The insert-image icon lets you create a link to an image that's already on the Web; the "Upload a File" button lets you upload an image file from your computer, and then attach it to a post. (I'm assuming you're using a computer, not a phone or tablet.)

From the image that you posted to Dropbox, it looks like you're still trying to start a thread while you're looking at an existing thread. Click on the "Coin Chat" link pictured at the top of your screen, and it will take you to a list of recent threads on the Coin Chat subforum; on that screen, you should see the Post New Thread button at the top.

13. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I logged into his account, and he is not a confirmed member yet. Until that happens, some of these options are not available to him. There is a link on his page that says he needs to check his email, and confirm from there.

14. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Is the pin point spot to the right of 2015 and the left of Liberty's skirt, on the coin itself? That would stop you for the 70 rating and possibly the PL.

15. jwitten

Yes, this is why I will be returning this one in exchange for another.

16. Brian Calvert

My guess is that Peter is too busy with other problems to resend the email. Who knows. As with your spot, thought it was just dirt... I can picture 10 people sitting around wiping, then clamping the coins in a hand press. Busiest time of the year for them when a new product comes out. Guess the boss had to ask about overtime. "everyone complains" Those that get a dirty coin happen to get it from the lazy worker that cared a little less about their job.

17. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Onofrio Bacigalupo Well-Known Member

Is that Aunt Jemima?

18. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

When did they sell out?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  19. jwitten

I don't think they have sold out yet... still showing back order status. Have you seen otherwise?

20. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

jwitten;

I have the exact same problem but in a different area of the coin. My capsule even has hair trapped inside. What type of quality control are they running there? I guess they want their $1495 more than we think. If gold prices went to $500 an ounce they would still ask the same selling price for the coin. Too bad. They had a good opportunity to make some good PR with collectors.

21. jwitten

Draft saved Draft deleted