2015 High Relief 24k Gold Coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TopcatCoin, Jun 20, 2015.

1. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

TopcatCoin likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. I think you posted that link a nanosecond before I posted it...lol

jwitten likes this.
  4. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

A year from now it will trade at $80- $100 over spot

5. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I agree and it's $1,540.00 I can spend on something else.

6. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Disappointed

smiley1168.jpg

100_6583.JPG 100_6584.JPG 100_6585.JPG 100_6586.JPG 100_6587.JPG 100_6588.JPG 100_6589.JPG 100_6590.JPG 100_6591.JPG

Plus I ask NGC to mount the Eagle on the Label side of the slab & they ignored it even after I highlighted the request in a YELLOW marker on the invoices. :rage: :punch: :mad:

green18 likes this.
  7. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

The one thing I learned about trying to get an ultra rare grade / lottery type coin.
    -Someone will get it.....I won't...so I shouldn't try. :) Kept me sane so far.

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

That medalic alignment is really cool.......Like Trav stated above,
    Fun as the devil if you ever get one........:)

9. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Mine went back on Friday. It appears it may end up at bullion value plus $150 if bullion is low. That may be for a MS70 slabbed by NGC or PCGS. Even closer to spot if spot is high. If you hit a home run with a proof like, then things could be a little better for that collector.

10. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

It's good to see so many are happy with their coins.
    I hope they appreciate in value. The Liberty figure just
    doesn't do it for me. Unfortunately, figures like that are
    probably what we have to look forward to from the Mint.
    I'd rather spend the $1,490 on something that interests me.

saltysam-1 likes this.
  11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I'll just add my refund to my hobby account for possible purchases at the Winter FUN Show. The airline tickets and hotel reservation are already in hand.

12. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

For the 2014 High Relief 24K Gold Coin, was Ashley Judd or Sela Ward the model for Miss Liberty?

13. onecenter

onecenter Member

I thought the rendering looked more like Kelly Ripa.

14. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

McBlzr;

Couldn't you ask them to correct their mistake? Their policy is to relabel any coin free of charge if it is not labeled correctly. Tell them you have it in writing. They should of contacted you if they couldn't follow your request. Are any of your gold buffaloes, NGC graded this way?

15. McBlzr

Yes, I requested several of the Gold & Silver Buffaloes be slabbed with the reverse side of the coin be mounted on the Label side of the slab & they did do it. Those requests were made on the invoices in the Special instructions window.
    Special Designation Flag Label
    First Releases , Return OGP Capsules
    Please mount Reverse side of coin Facing on Label side of Slab.

16. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Then tell them they followed the same request on other coins therefor it is mislabeled.

17. McBlzr

I keep all of my NGC customer copy invoices in a file folder. So I do have a tracking record for all my NGC submissions.

18. Motor City Mike

Motor City Mike New Member

Does anybody have experience in getting error coins graded? I guess my question is, I already have a couple of these sent off for grading, and the mint error was just discovered, will NGC just completely ignore looking for the error since I didn't select it when creating my invoice? They received my coins on the 10th using modern tier (12 day turnaround), any chance that I can still contact them and have the additional service added at this point? Thanks for any help!

19. McBlzr

Mike, I would call their 800 number first thing Monday morning and ask !
    Have you checked your online Order Status ? Scheduled for Grading, ??

20. Motor City Mike

Motor City Mike New Member

I guess I could also just save myself the extra fee and find out if I got an error coin once I get them back, since it's an obvious error, and not hard to find, then re-submit it.

Draft saved Draft deleted