2015 Eisenhower Coin and Chronicles Set

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by TopcatCoin, Jul 18, 2015.

1. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Tracking shows mine Arrived at NGC safe & sound today ;)

usps_delivery_smiley_animated_v2_zps2ec9ef6a.gif

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

4. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

If anyone sees an eBay, CL, or other form of listing with a Fedex Smartpost tracking number ending in 420828, a reference number (located at very bottom of package under shorter barcode) ending in 8170 and an address in South Carolina, congratulations because you've found my "misplaced" sets faster than Fedex Logistics. :watching:

5. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

Nothing in that article says anything about "envy", except the title. "Envy" would be the wrong emotion for most of us who couldn't get one.

Rob

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

7. miedbe7

reference code ends in 8710, my mistake ... it's like finding a needle in a haystack ... i can't believe they lost my coins ... at this point i'd rather have just been shut out ... better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, just the opposite I'm finding :)

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Man, that really stinks........have they given up all hope of finding it? Where was the last scan on the package?

miedbe7 likes this.
  9. This would not have happened if they had used UPS.

miedbe7 likes this.
  10. miedbe7

See it here and then here ... "[It] up and vanished like a fart in the wind"

Story: I called FDX 800 number Wed when it didn't arrive by delivery date because I saw by tracking info that it stopped updating on Monday. Even then I was hoping it'd kinda just show up, like a 1st class letter sent to the wrong routing hub or whatever. Well it didn't so I talked to a Smartpost CS rep who started a trace after telling me that the container with my package showed as emptied/delivered to all destinations (like my post office). Was told I'd receive a call back with the results of the trace in 24-48 hours. I never received a call. After speaking to FDX Wednesday, I called my local PO after and they said they only received the electronic info, which shows on tracking, so it most likely isn't there (meaning they didn't look). Late Friday afternoon I called the 800 number again to get an update. The first rep took notes supposedly on my situation so the next rep would see everything. This 2nd rep was clueless. He kept repeating to me that the trace was unsuccessful and that the shipper would need to call them to make a claim. All he could do was start another trace, which I figured couldn't hurt. I was kind of amazed he just left it like that. He did not know what the phrase United States Mint meant as he kept replying "yes, yes, I know your shipper is based in the United States."

So I gave up on the 800 number and started to dig locally because I reasoned the more time that passes, the more time the sets can get really lost, unloaded, thrown away, etc. I called my local FDX Ground and a nice lady answered, ran my tracking number and told me that I needed to contact the Smartpost office instead. Called Smartpost office. The lady who answered there said "Oh, you're the guy with the coins" (so the trace made it to them at least which further tells me they are not at her location or further up the delivery chain). Transferred to another rep and the guy helped me by telling me that another company takes their containers and further breaks them down for "next-to-last mile" delivery (my term). The company is called Courier Express. He was unable to get a call back from them before they closed (had about an hour to work with, ~4pm on a Friday, it's understandable, yet frustrating). So he emailed them my contact info, my order number, my reference number, a description of my coins, etc, etc. He also told me he CC'd his Logistics Manager and she would be contacting me next week and give me an update. Also said someone would look today (Sat) and call if anything is found. Well no call and no update to tracking info.

The only scenario I can see, other than it magically re-appearing given the pressure I've put on them, is that the label is defaced entirely to render it undeliverable. From the various Mint/Proof Sets I've ordered since the fulfillment changeover, I know first hand those boxes are near IMPOSSIBLE to accidentally open up. I even explained to them that I would gladly accept a damaged/opened shipping box as long as the contents were not damaged (if that makes any difference so they won't send it back to shipper as damaged).

Long story short, I really don't know what to make of it. It just vanished according to the tracking information and nobody has been able to give me a legitimate explanation. I also again contacted my local PO and asked if they had any trouble with the Courier Express delivery that Monday morning and the rep asked my mail carrier, who was just returning from her route yesterday afternoon, and she said 100% no problems at all. So it's somewhere. Now whether it's in someone's possession is the $120-$400 question.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  11. LJRambo111

LJRambo111 ASE Proofs / 24K Buffalos

12. spenser

spenser Active Member

I notice that the price is already going up on the Truman set on ebay. Unfortunately Im going to have to buy my Eisenhower set there. Hopefully ,I won't have to pay more than $180.00

13. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I JUST got shipping notification today of 2 sets I was able to order one morning when they became re-available. Wonder If I get the last 2 the mint has to offer??!

14. Mr. Coin

Mr. Coin Member

Amazing how much these prices have already declined. Looks like they're readily available for ~$175.

15. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

What morning was this? I checked at 5:00am for 5 days straight after the went ion sale and no luck.

16. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

The last strike label is worth 3X more than the first strike label.:greedy:;)

17. They became available at 7:30 AM ET for a few days.

18. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

Due to the Internet going down, I was not able to get the Eisenhower Chronicles... I have an Extra Truman if any one is interested in trading ..... Thanks ...

19. LJRambo111

LJRambo111 ASE Proofs / 24K Buffalos

Flipper's love the set flipper_box_250 (2).jpg

green18 and dwhiz like this.
  20. spenser

spenser Active Member

I won my Eisenhower set on ebay last night $163.50 PP Less than my max of $175.00.

Draft saved Draft deleted