2015 Dime - struck through grease or??

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by VT4Pac, Nov 18, 2018.

1. VT4Pac

VT4Pac Active Member

I found this dime a while ago and just thought it was an extreme struck through grease/debris example. Many months later I was checking out this link here: http://www.error-ref.com/?s=ridge+ring that references "design-devouring die wear" and actually pictures a 2015 dime similar to mine.

So do you guys think this is a greaser or just an example of this design-devouring die wear? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Could be. But it's really not a Major Mint Error.

VT4Pac likes this.
  4. VT4Pac

VT4Pac Active Member

Yeah I know, I just want to try and learn the correct explanation for it anyways. I only kept it as an example for what I thought was struck through grease. But if its not I don't want to label it as such. I throw greasers back into circulation all the time but kept this because I thought it was an extreme example.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

This I actually a new terminology for me. I never noticed it before.
    I will take it into consideration for any other coins that are posted in the future.
    Thanks for sharing that information.

VT4Pac likes this.
  6. VT4Pac

VT4Pac Active Member

Awesome, thank you for all the time and effort you put into helping people on this forum. I don't always post a lot but have been lurking around this forum for a while now. I can definitely say that I have learned a ton of knowledge from you and your explanations on various coins.

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

I see these 2015 p worn die dimes all the time.

VT4Pac likes this.
  8. SilverDollar2017

SilverDollar2017 Morgan dollars

Design devouring die wear....seen often on modern Roosevelt dimes especially the 2015 P. Not considered an error.

VT4Pac likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted