2015 Commemorative Struck and Released in 2014?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by green18, Oct 15, 2014.

1. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

yeah I know. Thought I'd stir the pot a little bit. NGC is looking like a Edited :language company to me. They get in bed with the ANA and now the US Mint. NGC is a tramp!

A moderator is going to slap me across the face for this one. But there is no denying this truth.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

watch @ 2:23 when Hitler discusses the relationship between the mint and large dealers.

4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I didn't notice the part where it reads every collector has to buy a set. Complaints here as with the previous fiasco gets nowhere. Not buying any will go further. Don't buy them if you don't like it.

5. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

The obverse is OK, the reverse needs help.

6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

This is why I didn't buy any of the Kennedy releases when I was at the ANA Money Show in Chicago. I even passed by the line when they were selling the clad silver sets. It was very short and you were assured of getting one. I'll do the same with these. But this is the ugly side of Capitalism. Unless there are specific stipulations listed, there is absolutely nothing in it's execution that says it must be a honorable transaction, priced fair to both seller and buyer or even meet any ethical or moral standard. You are not held accountable to anyone but the man above. The only restraint is it must be legal.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  7. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Meh!

I don't really care when they mint them as long as the only release them to the public in the year that's on the coin.

And quite honestly, that's not even a requirement because they can sell them in 2016 like they have with other coins.

I really don't understand what the big deal is unless, of course, you folks think that they can just churn these out at will. I mean seriously. Did anybody NOT read that production of the 2015 Silver Eagles had to be stopped at the est Point mint to resume production of the 2014 pieces??

Sheesh!

8. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

The ANA? Huh? A PCGS graded ANA-released Kennedy gold was the one that sold for a supposed $100,000...where is NGC in that story?

You need to get your story (or stories) straight. :rolleyes:

9. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

Please use the correct language

Modern proofs are garbage.:shifty:

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

ZACTLY!

I cancelled all of my Mint subscriptions and quit buying anything from the Mint 6 years ago.

Chris

11. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Since this is in "Coin Chat", I assume it is not about US coins only. :) Other mints have done that before. Austria for example issues a New Year's collector coin every year but decided it would be a great Christmas present. So you can buy it as from early December ... of the year before the date on the piece. There may be other mints that do it similarly. And if we include coin sets and circulation coins, the list would get quite a bit longer.

Christian

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I gave up on the mint about 2 years back. Just sick of the games.

13. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

For me it was back in 2008 when I ordered the APE proof and it arrived damaged. Nothing like shelling out $1800 for a coin and having arrive with a scratch.

14. 19Lyds

From the Law which created the coins:

" (c) Commencement of Issuance.--The Secretary may issue coins, to the
    public, minted under this Act beginning on or after January 1, 2015,
    except for a limited number to be issued prior to such date to the
    Director of the United States Marshals Service and employees of the
    Service for display and presentation during the 225th Anniversary
    celebration
    ."

From the article:

"NGC said it received sets from Chief Inspector Scott Sanders and Senior Inspector Oscar Blythe of the US Marshals Service. The pair received them at the groundbreaking ceremony for the US Marshals Museum on Sept. 24. Sanders and Blythe developed the idea for the commemorative coin in 2007 and worked closely with Congressional aides, the United States Mint, the US Marshals Museum, and others to make them a reality."

I do not have a problem with any of this.

15. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

U.S. mint all I buy any more is my proof American Eagle snd mint snd silver proof set. No comm the art is gone to computers images nowadays.

Chiefbullsit, saltysam-1 and bkozak33 like this.
  16. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Ken, after this years releases nothing associated with "modern coins" surprises me.

The Kennedy fiasco really turned me off.

I bet those graded ones are for the TV boys. I'm surprised they put the 69 up, the Mint is slipping....:D

17. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

U.S. mint and Art have fallen a part
    you don't See anything like this anymore.
    725094367_tp.jpg $_3 (6).JPG
    plus there half dollar are Clad.today

bkozak33 and JPeace$ like this.
  18. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

"ugly side of capitalism"? "Mint stabbed us in the back"? Call me crazy, but I don't see how this effects us one bit. Who even cares?

19Lyds and jello like this.
  19. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

20. 19Lyds

That's really a dumb thing to say since it expressly states that the coins which were "issued" were for employees of the agency.

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  21. 19Lyds

The only thing which bothers me about this is the shoddy journalism of Coin World in how the story was worded which, in and of itself, injects controversy into the program when the Public Law authorizing the coins has been there since it was approved.

Anybody who read the law (which has been available since 2012 and Coin World should have done just this) would have known ahead of time that the coins were going to be issued to the Agency before the official release date for the actual 225th Anniversary Celebration which happened to be this year.

As for the folks that no longer buy products from the US Mint? Great! That just means a stronger aftermarket for those that do.

Draft saved Draft deleted