2015 chronicles sets with reverse proof coin.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by anchor1112, May 9, 2015.

1. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

I really like the medal, but I did order these to flip in support of my collecting. I do think I will hold onto these for awhile as I don't think the price has peaked on these yet. If I were into the Presidential $1 series, this would be a highlight as the reverse proof is very nice with color of these coins.

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

If they don't change the mintage or hh limit on the next issue it will sell out in 4 minutes.....:woot:

Happy 4th y'all.

TopcatCoin likes this.
  4. Excuse_Me

Excuse_Me Active Member

Remember what they did with the 2009 Lincoln Cents, after LP1 all the rest they changed the mintage numbers.

5. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I like the reverse of the Dollar!!! looks cool in RP

Chiefbullsit and TopcatCoin like this.
  6. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Last night a NGC RP68 sold for $100. Another NGC RP69 sold for $190, same seller.

BIN range on Ebay (5 sealed sets) $650-$999.

I wonder what the first PCGS RP70 First Strike sells for....I'm saying $1000+

7. Just checked tracking and my opening day Truman order is now at a FedEx hub in the town next to me. Still has to go to the USPS though. Wish I could just pick it up there.

8. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

That is why I picked the $17.95 UPS 2nd day Air shipping. But I also ordered 5 Silver proof sets, 2 bags each of 2015 ATB "S" mintmark quarters, 2 bags of 2015 Kennedy Halfs & 2 bags of P & D Kennedy Pres Dollars. The Truman's & all the other stuff was in one big box & arrived Thurs July 2nd.

9. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

after reading these post I just may have to buy a set on ebay and put it away or maybe send it in to NGC, on the fence for $140

10. I will do that next time. Tracking now shows my order left the state and is now 2 hours away! I can think of a better name than Smart Post...lol. :wacky:

11. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

I wasn't excited about these, but I did order some Friday morning when they came back on sale after seeing the hype.

12. Day 1 order just arrived! :)

13. ernie11

ernie11 Member

Ditto for me today.

14. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

So, the seller on eBay with NGC graded coins claims these are coming out with low grades, 68's & 69's. What are you all seeing?

15. ernie11

ernie11 Member

I feel like an inattentive ditz for this, but I was so preoccupied with the reverse proof dollar in this set that I didn't realize till my set arrived that the medal contains a full ounce of silver. I had assumed it was made of some cheaper metal.

As for the stamp, well, I am a stamp collector too, and I got that stamp back when it came out in 1973. Worth 8 cents back then; maybe if you're lucky, it's worth 9 cents today.

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Mark your calendars for the Eisenhower C&C set.........August 11.

Travlntiques and Chiefbullsit like this.
  17. Mine are all 70's. I cannot find a blemish even with a Dinoscope. TC

18. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Dang, now I want to open mine.

He opens it, he opens it not.
    He opens it, he opens it not.
    He opens it, he opens it not.............;)

Travlntiques and green18 like this.

19. This guy wants you to open the box and let him free...lol. TC

20150707_122708631.png

Chiefbullsit and mikenoodle like this.
  20. onecenter

onecenter Member

I got my boxful of goodies this afternoon with the Truman reverse proof. Quite a nice coin portfolio, too.

21. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Wonder if we'll be able to buy at the US Mint Exhibit at the Chicago ANA show? That's the opening day of the ANA World's Fair of Money... maybe not a coincidence.

Draft saved Draft deleted