2015 chronicles sets with reverse proof coin.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by anchor1112, May 9, 2015.

1. My order just shipped! TC

Chiefbullsit and McBlzr like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Not going to happen. Here's the mint press release.

2015 Coin and Chronicles Set – Harry S. Truman Available on June 30
    WASHINGTON - The United States Mint will open sales for the 2015 Coin and Chronicles Set - Harry S. Truman (product code AX1) starting on June 30 at noon Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
    The set contains the following:
    • One 2015 Harry S. Truman Presidential $1 Reverse Proof Coin--available in this set only
    • One 1.598" Harry S. Truman Presidential .999 silver medal
    • One 1973 U.S. eight cent Harry S. Truman postage stamp
    http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/?action=press_release&id=1697

4. They could do a SF reverse proof set and keep these Philadelphia RPs unique. TC

5. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

It possible, but I got lucky and got 5 sets from it.

6. ernie11

ernie11 Member

I just got an e-mail that mine shipped, too. Didn't expect it so soon.

7. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Item Number: AX1
    Mintage Limit: None
    Product Limit: 17,000
    Household Order Limit:5

On ordering page it has the above info. Shouldn't the mintage limit be the same as the product limit, if 17,000 were it? I talked to three reps today. One said they would be making more and the other two d'unt know but d'unt think so.

8. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Probably didn't mint the entire mintage yet, they do this for lots of issues. The product limit is 17,000 there's no changing that and releasing over that amount in this specific product; unless the mint wants another fiasco on it's hand. However, because there isn't a mintage limit like I stated before I wouldn't be surprised to see these 4 RP dollars show up in another set entirely as there is nothing holding the mint back from making more except a small blurb on the product details stating the RP dollar is 'only available in this set'. I think if these sell well they'll probably just release a D, W or S RP 4 coin set and technically the P RP will still have only appeared in this set.

9. statequarterguy

Order number USM033549xx, shipping email received at 1:28pm PDT.

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Mine's comin' home too........

11. statequarterguy

Here's a mint letter someone received and posted on another site:

Based on our sales forecast, which took into account the popularity of reverse proof coins and the demand for the two previously issued Coin and Chronicles Sets, the Mint established an overall production limit of 17,000 units for the 2015 Coin and Chronicles Set – Harry S. Truman (product code: AX1). The demand for the 2013 Coin and Chronicles Set – Theodore Roosevelt was 15,141 units. The 2014 Coin and Chronicles Set – Franklin D. Roosevelt, which went on sale December 22, 2014, with a product limit of 20,000 units – had sold only 13,255 units as of June 29, 2015.

To ensure fair and equitable access, a household order limit of five sets was established for the 2015 Coin and Chronicles Set – Harry S. Truman. The product went on sale at noon Eastern Time June 30, 2015. By 12:15 p.m., available inventory had been depleted, and the product’s availability on the website changed to “currently unavailable,” with the “Remind Me” button and message activated. (i.e., We are currently out of this item, but more may be available later. Provide your email using the REMIND ME button, and we will let you know when we are taking orders again.)

A total of 16,780 sets were sold in approximately 15 minutes. All accepted orders will be processed and fulfilled on a first-in, first-served basis according to existing United States Mint policies. The product inventory is at the fulfillment center for immediate shipment to customers. No additional inventory will be produced. Product shipments, returns and exchanges will be monitored daily over the next few weeks.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    Wheatmaster101 and green18 like this.
  12. Wheatmaster101

Good for the people who got one, but disappointing for the people who missed out and now have to pay $140+ if they want one. I missed the initial sale, but was quick on my feet this morning when they sold a second time.

13. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

The Mint has said that they will issue a Reverse Proof Set later this year. They will NOT, however include these coins as they are struck at Philadelphia and the RP set will be struck at San Francisco.

14. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Scheduled Delivery:
    Thursday, 07/02/2015, By End of Day

ups_delivery_zpsb61d245c.gif
    Last Location:
    Departed - Louisville, KY, United States, Wednesday, 07/01/2015

Location Date Local Time Activity
    Louisville, KY, United States 07/01/2015 4:34 P.M. Departure Scan

07/01/2015 11:18 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Memphis, TN, United States 07/01/2015 2:39 A.M. Departure Scan
    Memphis, TN, United States 06/30/2015 9:08 P.M. Origin Scan
    United States 06/30/2015 6:00 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

TopcatCoin likes this.
  15. The mintage of the 1973 8-cent Truman stamp in the Coin & Chronicles set = 157,052,800. That's a lot more than 17,000...lol.

16. green18

So no facsimile in the set? The original stamp?

17. LOL. Yes, it is the real deal. :D Maybe a TPG will slab it as part of the set and make it rare. :rolleyes:

green18 likes this.
  18. green18

Anything to turn a buck TC........:)

19. statequarterguy

So, where'd they get all these 1973 stamps or did they reproduce them?

20. green18

Postal stamp morgue........

21. Wheatmaster101

Is anyone planning to grade? If so, are you just grading the dollar or the medal too?

Draft saved Draft deleted