2015 chronicles sets with reverse proof coin.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by anchor1112, May 9, 2015.

1. If you spend over $200 for this set, you are truly insane in the brain...lol

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. anchor1112

anchor1112 Senior Member

The high for Truman set is $290.00 and the weekly average around $197.17. Eisenhower pre-issue average price is $168.61. High is $189.50. This is Insane.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  4. onecenter

onecenter Member

[A]greed!

spenser and green18 like this.
  5. spenser

spenser Active Member

Anyone want to buy my set that inc. the rev. pr. 69 ngc for $500.00 before they go up to 2 grand?

6. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

I finally thought the price was peaking this weekend and decided to put a set on the Bay. Well, that was bought almost right away and so I put up another set and 4 hours later it was bought. Me likey! I will gladly be paid $56 by the "insane" people to take these 3 ugly sets off the Mint's hands that I have left.:)

spenser likes this.
  7. spenser

spenser Active Member

I think you should have held on to them. J

8. spenser

spenser Active Member

$56 is nothing! You should have held on pal. There are wayyyyyy more than 17.000 presidential dollar collectors out there that will have to have this reverse proof to complete their collection. Otherwise it's like the lincoln cent set without the 09's vdb.

9. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood my post Spenser. I put $56 in my pocket and have yet to sell the 3 I have left. They will be 100% profit.

spenser likes this.
  10. spenser likes this.
  11. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

12. spenser

spenser Active Member

13. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

14. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Yep. But, if the seller cancels the sale, according to some on CT, the buyer should just wait because they will be selling for $24.95 someday soon.

spenser likes this.
  15. spenser

spenser Active Member

Not this one. It's going nowhere but up.

stewart dandis likes this.
  16. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

Spenser, I still have my 5 in the Mint sealed box. I hoping to get 2 of the Eisenhower sets if jwitten doesn't corner the market.

I think a sealed 5 pc set sold for about $1200 a day or so ago.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    spenser likes this.
  17. Just looked at completed sales on eBay. Prices for the raw sets seem to have fallen under $200 now, and are more in the $150-175 range. Could be a good time to buy especially if they fall well below 3x initial mint price. A few went for $149 BIN recently. TC

spenser likes this.
  18. spenser

spenser Active Member

I don't have the money to buy any more. If I did I would try to snag a pcgs-70

19. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

It'll be cheaper in a few months after the next "coin of the century" is released for sale (Aug 11?) . Some people still believe in these modern coin hype.

20. spenser

spenser Active Member

I still believe it's going to go a lot higher. It may drop for awhile but it will go back up. Wanna bet a quarter?

21. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

All the recent raw sets that sold below $175 if you go and actually look at the listings not just the ending price. You'll notice they all basically include a note in the product description by the sellers that the coins have blemishes. I don't see any listings that were sold BIN for $149 either except for single graded Truman coins, got a link to those listings? From what I see the raw sets still seem to be hovering around $180-almost $200 mark. With the last one being sold at $198.50 plus $3.50 for shipping

McBlzr and spenser like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted