2015 chronicles sets with reverse proof coin.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by anchor1112, May 9, 2015.

1. I think 99.99% of kids would rather have the $320 to spend on video games.

McBlzr likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

That's why we have to buy these things for them (and some video games).

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Mine arrived yesterday. Some pics for your viewing pleasure. Any spots you see are on the mint capsule........

DSC_0536-horz.jpg

DSC_0540-horz.jpg

5. statequarterguy

So, what do you think all the dollars grade? Mine should be delivered in about an hour, so I'll post what I think they grade then.

6. green18

Well, I think they're solid for '69 and if the graders were having a good day......'70. But I won't be sending any of them in. Heck, they way folks is busting these out and sending 'em in to be graded the true rarity will be the OGP. I like the packaging for all of these sets and they're real easy to store. :)

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  7. statequarterguy

Great, sounds like no blaring problems, like I found on a couple of the MoD dimes.

8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Ooooohhhh, the agony.

2015-07-04 07.45.16 - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Travlntiques and green18 like this.
  9. statequarterguy

Just went through all 5 sets and all I can say is DISAPPOINTED. Definitely no 70's, all appear to be from the same die set, mostly 70 Truman sides, but all of the statue sides have the same speckled shiny breaks in the frosted fields.

The medals may be the better quality in the sets, 3 appear flawless, yet 2 have several milk spots.

10. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I ended up getting 4 of the 7 sets I ordered. I sold 3 unopened already. My 4th package is supposed to get here tomorrow.. looking forward to finally getting to open one and see what I get!

11. Already has two puncture holes on each left side corner, so might as well open it.

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  12. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

I say open it. You'll get much more enjoyment than torturing yourself by looking at a box.

13. statequarterguy

Just went back for a second look because I forgot to check the edge lettering, unfortunately all have edge lettering. On second look, the speckled statue sides aren't all that bad. With the naked eye, you don't see it at all, with a 5x looking straight on, you don't see it, but with a 5x looking at an angle you do see it, so, probably all 69's.

14. statequarterguy

Yep, I open all mine, I'm in it for the enjoyment. But, as long as it's sealed, you potentially have all 70's - yet, probably not with these from what I'm hearing so far.

15. green18

Some folks just have to have the 'classy' (?) designation.......

I'm content to leave 'em be. :)

16. I don't collect labels either. :) The fact that MCM is selling both Truman coins graded 69 for ONLY $199 tells me that there are some 70s out there.

17. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

18. green18

To be sure, as I feel that I have at least two. My heirs will have to send them in, but I fear they lack the knowledge or the ability to do so. When it all boils down who the devil cares? I have my 'collectibles' and that's all that matters to me. If only for a fleeting moment, I have the highest grade, and I'm satisfied. I'll revel in my two seconds of glory.......:)

mikenoodle and TopcatCoin like this.
  19. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

Cant stand it going on ebay and buying a set

20. green18

Hurtful I know.........

Draft saved Draft deleted