2015/16-P Dime finds(maybe)

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by NotSoLittledrummerboy88, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Hello all, New to CRH and really loving the hunt. I came across this 2016P Dime looked nice and clean but bottom was faded. So looked it up and, I'm sure it's a normal error. Then enters my new USB Microscope and i'm looking for 2015P errors off a video i watched and I notice (what i think) is 2 cuds on the back on the leaf. I will post pic's, i'm still learning my equipment and correct terms. Any helpful insight as too what i'm seeing is what i'm believing. Thanks all and happy hunting, and sorry for all the Pics.

Attached Files:

beef1020 and Spark1951 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ACE Mike

ACE Mike Internet Dealer

You are doing a great job with the pictures, particularly the close ups!

4. its a real pain in the butt, and i wish it would zoom out just a little more, but for up close it is pretty clear. Hopefully my wife's camera will let me get a closer full coin shot that is a little better than my cell phone haha.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hello.. Welcome to CoinTalk.
    I see that what you have are actually called Die Chips on the leaf. A CUD is another type of Die Break on the Die itself that would only affect the Edge of a coin and not the areas in the field such as the leaf in question.
    You must of been watching a YouTube video? Be careful with those. Many just give a lot of misinformation.

6. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Coin Talk. Your 2016 coin look like it was struck with very worn out dies.
    The 2015 is a better looking strike, from fresher dies. Both are very commonly found. Die chips and all.

Spark1951 likes this.
  7. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

IMMEDIATE red flag. Too many people making them who know too little.

8. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

You're doing a great job with the pics! Agree with all on DDD/2016, the 2015 appears to have the die chip action and FSB as well...Spark

9. Awesome thanks for the clarification on cuds and die chips, I also take the videos worth a grain of salt haha, Y'all rock! Happy hunting!

Draft saved Draft deleted