2014 - Urban Metal Detecting Finds - SILVER Edition

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by paddyman98, Mar 10, 2015.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I just wanted to share with everyone my 2014 urban metal detecting silver finds. I did pretty good considering that these were dug up in parks here in NYC that have been renovated at some point over the years but still produce these little treasures. These are the Obverse and the Reverse - 10 Silvers in total. Details on next post :wideyed:
    01Silver2014.jpg 02Silver2014.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

So what are they?

Quarters - 1936 and 1962
    Mercury Dimes - 1935, 1940, 1942 and 1943 all Philadelphia
    Roosevelt Dimes - 1952D, 1956P, 1958D and 1963D

Enjoy!:D... By the way none were cleaned just rinsed with a little bit of water

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    EagleEyez and tommyc03 like this.
  4. billy b

billy b Active Member

Whats the rev of that 43 mercury look like ?

5. EagleEyez

EagleEyez Hoarding coinage since 1974

I imagine you also found a plethora of other goodies not as relevant to this forum. What detector do you use/prefer, Paddyman? I'm going to be buying one this spring in the $150-200 range, thinking a Garrett 150. Don't want to sink more that that into it, as any additional would be earmarked for my actual coin budget. I've only ever used <$50 'toys' before, and have had fun with that, but have always desired more functionality & discernment.

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

WTG Paddy man nice finds!

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Active Member

Nice silver!

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. paddyman98

I started detecting about 4 years ago. The coins and artifacts I have found is truly a huge amount. I own a White's Classic 5ID which is pretty good but mid range price. Paid about $450.00 for it on sale. Garrets are great. For my next detector I want the Garret AT Pro, It's about $650.00 - $700.00 and it's the one used on many of the new metal detecting shows on TV. Any Garret is good even the one you mentioned, the Garret 150. Go for it!

EagleEyez likes this.
  9. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Active Member

You can get a brand new ATPro for $600 or less.

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. paddyman98

Do you mean the condition or the grade? The fasces does not show any splits in the bands due to wear. And it hardly has any luster. Most of the silver coins were buried for a very long time so nature took it's toll on the appearance. The 1943 looks good except for the nicks and scratches from the dirt and/or maybe my digging tool hitting it. You can enlarge the picture I provided and see it better. I really need to get a coin magnifier and start posting close up detailed images.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

ya done good

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted