2014 JFK Silver Set

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by statequarterguy, Jul 25, 2014.

1. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Eagerly anticipating the release of this set, I’m having a little trouble imagining what the enhanced uncirculated coin will look like. The 2013 enhanced ASE lent itself to this finish with the alternating finish of the flag/Liberty’s gown. However, the JFK half obverse doesn’t seem to have the design attributes to show off the enhanced finish. Any thoughts on what it will look like?

And, oh yeah, even though it is way over priced for its silver content and potential high sales, I’ll order five sets. How many are you ordering?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

4. statequarterguy

HEY! This thread is only for those who believe this set will be the set of the century! LOL

5. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

Zero.

I'm waiting in line for the online 2017 Kennedy truckload, 100th anniversary of his birth, back the truck up, I'll take 'em all...gold, platinum, silver, clad, with and without holograms, autographed by the U.S. Ambassador to Japan, Caroline Kennedy (limit one per order), packaged with the Irish Kennedy coin, Special Edition with the "H" Hyannis Port privy mark, etc., etc., and more etc.

It never ends, and the Mint's marketing maven understands perfectly how to yank most everybody's chain.

6. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I'll be getting at least 5 sets

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'm in for two........

JPeace$ likes this.
  8. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

2-5 not sure yet but with the way things went on the 24th, leaning (2)

9. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

This is a 4 coin set. I've heard $99 for the set. At ~$25 per coin, I don't think that's too bad a price.

I'm in it for 2! Not planning on flipping, etc...

green18 likes this.
  10. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

i'll try an get 2...1 for me an 1 for my son..

11. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Exactly. Im probably in for two as well

12. treylxapi47

That reverse proof and enhanced UNC should be the Keys to the series. Similar to the 95 Proof ASE that you could only obtain out of a full set that year, this should theoretically be similar. At the very least down the road you will have collectors who want a 'complete' set and will have to have it.

JPeace$ likes this.
  13. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

Any idea when the silver set will be released? Last I checked a date wasn't listed...

14. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Hehe, like I posted in another thread, I suspect they will come out at the Whitman Baltimore show Oct 30 to Nov 2, which would be perfect timing for the Nov. anniversary. And if they do, I will be at the show to gobble up what I can get.

15. statequarterguy

The only time frame posted so far is Fall 2014.

16. green18

As I related in another thread.......Keemao may be on to something. :)

JPeace$ and treylxapi47 like this.
  17. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I disagree. Each coin they are releasing is unique. All four silver are unique, both clads are unique, and the gold is unique. Yes, they already released some clads and silvers before these sets, but every coin in the set is new and different. They should all be "keys".

18. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

One to keep up the set. Maybe 2.

19. treylxapi47

I realize that, but many 'regular' guys won't be able to afford the gold, the clads won't be that easily distinguished and even still you have collectors that don't always pay attention. (Think ATB Silver 5 ouncers and ASEs with the burnished finish versus bullion versions). So I am thinking you will have many collectors who slap a regular old P or D in those slots unless the album is very specific to what needs to fill the 2014 holes (all 8 or 9 of them).

Now the enhanced and reverse proofs will be easily distinguished and likely to be easier to find to fill the hole.

Idk, maybe I've over analyzed all that, but I'm still banking that those two coins will be the big draw. The gold is out of reach for many collectors, and I'm not hearing much excitement over the clads.

jwitten likes this.
  20. green18

The clads are a bore. Even with their so called original design. The silvers will reign........

JPeace$ likes this.
  21. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I too think they are all unique, but, forgive me for putting words in your mouth, I think you mean the reverse proof and enhanced will be that much more sought after.

Again, I apologize if that's not what you meant, but in reading your original post, I interpreted your comments in that way.

treylxapi47 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted