2014 Everglades - 2015 Bombay Hook ...Really, best we can do with no limits

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by howboutatrade, Mar 7, 2015.

1. howboutatrade

howboutatrade Active Member

Okay...has anyone else seen these two designs....with a blank slate option to design anything, in two sequential years, we have two designs this similar? Really? Both with long neck standing birds in forefront right. Both with birds in the distance left. Both with a horizon line in the upper background. Both with vegetation on the bottom. Wow...the best we can do...I just decided I can't like either as neither is unique now...one of the best things of changing the backs is making them unique...the mint lost site on this one.

P1050748.JPG P1050751.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. I have said it before and will now say it again...How could the Mint possibly have created an Everglades coin without an alligator on it?

dwhiz, rooman9, Kirkuleez and 2 others like this.
  4. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

5. ace71499

Sorry it said "a server error occurred"

6. ace71499

7. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Looks like the same coin to me, just the birds moved a little. They should have tried a little harder.

8. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Or not at all.

I don't get why there isn't an alligator on the Everglades either.

9. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

The answer is simple, as is the solution. We constantly get unappealing, irrelevant coin designs because of the CACC and the mint. Why should a few individuals with diminished insight be allowed to choose the nation’s coinage, when modern technology would easily allow a popular vote to choose the design? The answer, allow collectors/the public to choose the design via an online survey.

treylxapi47 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted