2014 chicago world's fair of money Aug. 5-9

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mintcollection, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Hi everyone:
    Is there anyone can answer my question? thanks a lot
    I have registered to be an ANA Gold Member and also registered the 2014 chicago world's fair of money Aug. 5-9 online through the ANA website. Could you please answer my two question?
    1.I will bring my 7 years old kid to there, is kid need to registered online? since the deadline of registration is July 15.
    2. when I get there how can I show them I have already registered for the show .Do I need to print the ANA Order Confirmation which was sent to my email?
    3.For those who are ANA Members, after you registered member online, will they send you your ANA Member register confirmation by mail not just email.Like NGC will send some register information by mail after you register online to become NGC member.
    thanks for your help!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I just registered today, too. They said they would mail your badges for the show. Heres hoping I can buy a gold kennedy.. I am driving 6 hours for it!

spirityoda likes this.
  4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Sales open at 11:00 AM.

5. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Can you tell me what this event is like? I live very close but have never attended. Do you know if there are world coin dealers there or is it mostly U.S. stuff?

6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I am sure there would be some world coin dealers there. :blackalien:

7. you are lucky ! I have to drive 13 hours to get there! Hope see you there!

8. Jake Sherlock

Jake Sherlock New Member

Hiddendragon, we'll have all sorts of world and ancient coin dealers in addition to U.S. coins dealers. We should have a full list of dealers up on the WFM website later this week. Our convention department is THIS close to selling out the bourse floor again this year, so there should be no shortage of inventory. :)

9. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

Jake! Glad to see you my friend. For those of you who don't know... Mr. Sherlock is the communication director for the ANA... and an all around good fella.

10. Jake Sherlock

Jake Sherlock New Member

Thanks Matt! How's Evan these days? Does he need a hug?

mikenoodle and LostDutchman like this.
  11. jwitten

So I've been calling around to find out how this how works with the US mint selling the kennedy coins. Will getting in early hope any or not?

12. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

Desperately....

mikenoodle likes this.
  13. Jake Sherlock

Jake Sherlock New Member

Mr. Witten,
    We are working to nail down details on how the Mint sales are going to work. I'll post details on how the sale will work once we get everything vetted with the Mint officials

LostDutchman likes this.
  14. jwitten

Thank you. My Dad and I are planning on coming, but don't want to spend a lot of money on gas and hotels if we have no chance of getting any. I am willing to stand in line for a long time, but if the early bird people get them all, I wouldn't be happy.

15. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Coin world has reported that the gold Kennedys will go on sale at the show at 11:00 AM Central time at the show as well as on line.

I can't confirm, but heard here on CT that they will be minted to order.

16. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

.....................and how many people were killed in Chicago last week?

17. Bayern1900

Bayern1900 Member

..............and what does this have to do with numismatics?

Please get lost.

mill rat41 likes this.
  18. stewart dandis

:D.....get lost? I might end up in Detroit, but they're about the same.

19. Bayern1900

Bayern1900 Member

Yes chicago is known for gun violence. Yes, they have had many incidents in recent weeks. This is CoinTalk. Keep it about numismatics. I spent time over seas in the middle east as a combat medic and I work as a Firefighter Paramedic in a major city. Ive packed more bullet holes than you can imagine buddy. Gun violence? I was hit 3 times by small gun fire in Iraq and ive been shot at while responding to emergency medical calls. I myself come to CoinTalk to relax. To get away from work and forget about the past and what I deal with frequently at work. I hope everyone attending this show stays safe. Drop it.

mikenoodle likes this.
  20. stewart dandis

Have you heard of all the coin robberies lately? Shops being robbed and owners killed? One in San Antonio last week. All I'm saying is if I have to go to Chicago to collect coins I'm out. Now I'll drop it.

21. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Yes there will be world coin dealers there along with world mints with pretty ladies

Draft saved Draft deleted