2014 Baseball Hall of Fame MS 69

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by icollectoldmoney, Nov 1, 2017.

1. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

I have a 2014 baseball Hall of Fame Clad Half Dollar with the original OGP was wondering what it’s worth.It has the Lou Gehrig Authorized Facsimile.

Attached Files:

Lemme Caution likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. icollectoldmoney

Another picture with the original OGP.

Attached Files:

4. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

$25 or so.

5. TheFinn

No, maybe put it on eBay. Most people on here purchase the coins, and just think of the slab labels as gimmicks.

6. TheFinn

So a happy surprise. I have purchased gold American Eagles and gotten them in MS69 slabs at no premium. You should be able to see what a Lou Gehrig "signature" BHOF half has sold for on eBay for a reference.

7. Lemme Caution

Lemme Caution Well-Known Member

You just pointed out something I've been wondering about for quite a while now, and by that I mean not just on this site but throughout the numismatic world in general.

8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Some of the real autographed labels are a value adder, with the facsimiles NGC used the premium is minimal and none on the ones that PCGS has real signatures for. 25 sounds about right 30 possibly.

9. Lemme Caution

Just out of curiosity, how did the OGP end up coming with a slabbed coin, or are the coin and the OGP from two different sources?

10. icollectoldmoney

When they shipped the coin to NGC I think they either ask for the packaging back or took it out before they sent it to NGC.

11. Lemme Caution

Question: I can of course understand that authentic autographs can be valuable and/or function as a value-adder when employed in some sort of ancillary manner, but I'm not at all sure if I comprehend how a facsimile of an autograph can be used for that same purpose in anything even near the same way. How is this even possible?

12. Lemme Caution

Thanks. I was just wondering.

13. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Now if it had had an actual Lou Gehrig "wet" signature, then you'd have something - a direct connection to a guy with a time machine.

14. Lemme Caution

I wasn't implying the slabbers should somehow procure actual celebrity signatures, but rather that I didn't see the purpose of "naming" something so very extraneously with the idea in mind that this will somehow make a difference to the buyer. But, and this is one of the things that makes humans so delightfully unique, each to his/her own.

15. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The facsimiles aren't that's why a couple bucks at best where some of the real ones can be a major difference.

16. Lemme Caution

Got it. Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted