2013-W American Silver Eagle Enhanced Uncirculated

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dwhiz, Mar 14, 2013.

1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Copyrighted Materials Removed

Please don't copy and paste materials from other sources unless you own the copyright or have written permission from the copyright owner.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Enhanced, huh. :scratch: I can't wait either, although I was really hoping for high definition or 3D. :rolleyes: Hey, as long as it is not available in any other offering, I will be happy to add it to my ASE collection. :) TC

4. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

The enhanced eagle modifications sound pretty interesting. The reverse proof....not so much. I don't understand why they are trivializing what was once an out-of-the-ordinary finish. I guess this means next year we will have another 2-coin eagle set with a D-mint reverse proof.

That way, all of the mints will have been covered and none will feel slighted. How creative!

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Interesting concept. If the picture can be used as a model for what the coin will look like in hand we're just one step away from colorization of these pieces. Still, I'll add one to the collection........

6. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Hey, green, how did you know? I just got off of the phone with John Mercanti and he emailed the prototype for next year's "special" ASE offering.

2006-COLORIZED-2-SIDED-U_S_-MINT-1oz-SILVER-EAGLE-with-BOX-usd28_85.jpg

Isn't she lovely? Isn't she wonderful? (I think that's from a song.)

Wouldn't it be so gross if they actually did release something like that?

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You sure that was Mercanti you was talkin' to Treehugger, or someone from Canada? :)

8. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

The only thing that would make her look better would be a mug of ale in each hand!

9. bg35765

bg35765 Member

Anyone care to guess the price for the set? I'll go with $159.95.

10. wkw427

wkw427 Member

The reverse looks nice,
    The observe looks... horrid. Too much red.

11. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Yeah. When you put it in the rock tumbler, it'll turn the other coins pink.

12. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

I like the sound of the real "new" ASE announced above.... very interested to get this one. I suspect it will be around the $150 level for the 2 coin set.... Would prefer something in the $110-$125 range.

13. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

It looks tacky.

14. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

That is ONE UGLY COIN!

WTH is the US Mint doing? Taking marketing advice from Hucksters??

15. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

I really love the black and white ASE the colorized one on the other hand turns my stomach.

16. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

NGC and PCGS are licking their chops readying special labels to pull the bills,change and lint out of our pockets. They might even get one of the mint janitors to sign the graded slabs in order to charge us more. I like the coin ideas but not as much as the greedy graders. If I do decide to buy which I most likely will OGP is the way I will go.....

17. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Mine would go in my Dansco

18. krispy

krispy krispy

Nah, this is par for the course. They're hardcore practicing hucksters, and have been for a good long while already. These sort of concocted coins are the results of marketing research studies, customer surveys and feeding the public-beast that bemoans ordering limits, deficiencies in order processing and yet go on to lust willingly snapping at buying one, five, ten+ of everything released, out of fear of missing something "collectible" or wishfully proflipitable... :(

19. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I'll most likely pick up 2 sets, just as I did with the 2012's. I'll give my opinion on it when I see the coin in hand.

Draft saved Draft deleted