2013 Ohio Perry's Victory Quarter

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Yvon, May 20, 2024.

1. Yvon

Yvon New Member

I see a die marker error from IMG_4553[1243].jpg IMG_4555[1242].jpg file two.jpg

There is die marker running from rim goes under O and under bottom of R.
    I also see a die marker running under the V and then one from the I going under the C also all happening in the word VICTORY

I dont believe they are damaged otherwise they wouldn't be under the letters right ? the letters would show the damage.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

A die marker isn’t an error. A die marker is something on the die like a small die crack or cleanings lines that help identify a variety.

it’s very difficult to tell from those pics, but I see what could be a die crack in the area you are showing.

JPD3 and ZoidMeister like this.
  4. Yvon

Yvon New Member

i wasnt sure what is was called but remember reading worn out dies can cause
    this appearance. it looked like the pics i saw. thank you

5. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Take a close look at your quarter.. the letters in that area are incused into the field. Meaning that there can't anything going underneath the letters in question.

I see just circulation damage. Hits and dents.

7. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

I was even thinking of the lines she was pointing out to be die trails, but your younger eyes and error entender are most often dead-on.:)

8. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

This area of a coin shows the most die wear on a coin, as said the surface is flat.
    Now if there was a die crack, or a cud, filled die. Then that would be a die marker.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I just see normal circulation wear. No errors.

10. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hey! I see that too. What are the odds? ( Insert here : Jackass)..... peace2.gif

11. Yvon

Yvon New Member

thank you for explaining that. this is how i learn

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  12. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I sure do hope you find something Miss Yvon. I admire your persistence..... And don't overlook the historical aspect of coin collecting!

Draft saved Draft deleted