2013 mount Rushmore runny nose

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by usmc60, Feb 7, 2016.

1. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First of all, it is always difficult to assess the OP's photos. His photos often look like they are taken with different cameras, the white balance varies, the EXTREME close-ups don't look natural and the thick, dark lines make it hard to tell where the elevation of one device ends and another begins.

Perhaps my opinion would change if the photos were more consistent.

Chris

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Chris you're absolutely right the photos look like crap. I will be the first one to admit when my photos are not up to quality, I've only recently started taking photos of coins a few months ago. And you're right I use three different cameras the Canon 350 for the full size photos of the coin and as you know I just recently got that one still learning how to use it, and the one that you constantly complain about my stereo microscope with soft lighting and my USB microscope with LED lighting. I am by no means a professional coin photographer and never claimed to be, I do the best I can with what I have to work with and I am learning every day and lighting seems to be the most difficult part for me right now but it's work in progress. And I've stopped using the Canon 350 due to the poor quality. And Chris as far as my close-ups, me personally tells me a lot and I think it's unfortunate that you have some kind of dislike for them. That's something you'll have to work out or maybe not I really don't care.:blackalien: \/

Attached Files:

4. cpm9ball

Well, I went through my laundry quarters and it happens that I have five of the Mount Rushmore quarters to examine with a 10x loupe. Yes, these are circulated coins, but none of them display the unnatural texture that you show on your close-up. The grainy appearance of your photo looks like a mosaic making it hard to distinguish some features. You almost can't see the cleft between the nose and upper lip. If we can't see something as pronounced as the cleft, do you really expect others to assume that the "marks" you see are errors?

Yes, I've mentioned before that it makes little difference when we are forced to view a close-up of the bark when what we really need to see is the trees, themselves. Maybe you should care more!

Chris

5. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Hey Chris why don't you just put me on your no look list and you' don't have to see the photos and criticize my photos I know it will make me happy as I'm not out to please your taste in photos and it would definitely solve your problems with my photos. :blackalien: \V/

6. cpm9ball

Why should I do that when I'm trying to let the newcomers to the hobby know that your "errors" aren't all they're "cracked up to be"?

Chris

7. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Well Chris I decided I was going to look up a few of your coins but was not able to find your threads (what page was your last thread on or any of your threads) I went back to September of last year no results but I could a miss one this explains a lot thread surfer. And of course you're not going to be familiar with the term thread surfer, back in my surfing days we had a title for those who would show up at the beach with their surfboards and not surf their title was road surfers (Why don't you bring your last thread up to page 1 so we can all look at one of your coins.?):blackalien:

8. cpm9ball

Surfing? Let's see.....The last time I was with a bunch of surfers, I was in Ocean City, MD. In the 1960's, Dick Clark was hosting a party at his summer house just 2 blocks north of ours. His guests that weekend were the Beach Boys, and we had a blast! That's as close to surfing as I ever got. I spent all of my spare time gambling in the poolroom and getting Morgan dollars from the bank with my winnings.

As for my threads................keep searching! Why should I do you any favors? When you first appeared on these forums, I tried to defend you, but you showed your true blue-collar colors...........those that look like platters in the cow pasture.

Chris

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  9. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

You're right thread surfer my colors are red white and blue usmc and proud of it, and I have better use of my time than trying to find your thread. (Put it up) or is there another reason you do not want to put it up on page 1 or even give me the page number and I'll go to the page. (You talk the talk but do you do the walk) Yes back then I was a surfer whenever I had a little bit of free time, generally my weekends consisted of bouncing at some of the top clubs in Coconut Grove don't get me wrong I like the beach boys to but I prefer Jimmy Buffett it's always fun to watch him get hammered on tequila and fall off the stage. He used to do that a lot down in coconut Grove back in the late 60s and his other favorite spot was down in Key West. All I'm saying thread surfer I have not seen any recent threads of yours or even past threads. (Give me a page):blackalien:

10. cpm9ball

You haven't said anything yet. Buffett didn't even graduate from college until 1969, his first move to Florida was Key West and his songs didn't start hitting the charts until the mid-to-late 70's. Maybe it was you falling down drunk.

Chris

11. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Thread surfer your right but he sure like spinning his spare time partying in Coconut Grove and down in Key West you ever think maybe that's why he moved down there as far as the songs go yeah he was singing them long time before they got popular and usually when he came in at Monie's on Biscayne Bay the band that was playing had no problems letting him sing a few songs and the same goes for down in the keys when he went down there. And every bouncer I knew that like to drink ended up crippled or dead that wasn't the smartest thing to do, I don't like to drink and never have but I will say I'll do a couple shots of white lightning when I'm back in North Carolina.:blackalien:

12. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

This little die crack wants to join the family, is not the best photo I had a hard time catching it but it's on the nose lobe, the first one I've found like this. Enjoy:blackalien: mrc-1-1.jpg

13. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

One more wants to join.:happy: mr-01.jpg

14. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

15. jonny oneal

jonny oneal Member

the "terrible" thing about your actually neat discovery is that it gives me another coin to scour with my loup for small mint errors. seriously, to find any error in the modern age of minting is to be celebrated. thanks for letting us know.

16. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Thanks for your reply, last couple weeks I have found several of these in rolls. And as always I enjoy sharing what I find.:happy::blackalien:

Draft saved Draft deleted