2013 ANA Summer Seminar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinMike747, Apr 3, 2013.

1. CoinMike747

CoinMike747 Barber Connoisseur

Will do! :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinmaniac14

coinmaniac14 Member

I'll be on your auction squad session 2, you wouldn't happen to know any other YNs who will be, would you?

4. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

I am now signed up to go week 2. I am going to the first grading part one, as well as the coinshop 101 mini-seminar. I can't wait to meet a few YNs in person, including yall on cointalk. Looking forward to looking at a lot of coins and learning to grade better through it.

5. Bart9349

Bart9349 Junior Member

Don and others are exactly correct: Attending the summer ANA seminar can be a very positive and life-changing experience.

You will have the opportunity to meet others who share your interests to varying degrees--from the most basic beginners to world recognized experts.

I have heard great things about the Condor Tokens course. The teacher is passionate and knowledgeable.

(He might be a little too critical of William Pitt the younger, however. He has repeatedly referred to William Pitt as deranged and diabolical. I would lack the necessary restraint not to challenge such silly and ill-informed commentary. That said, the teacher is an expert who volunteers his time sharing his enthusiasm with the students who all seem to enjoy his class.

This video might give you a different perspective on William Pitt. The intro is kinda long, but the video is worth it.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0tHmYEaqok

It's always good to get a balanced view of any subject.:p )

Enjoy the beauty of the campus and the surrounding area. (I was surprised that even the food was good.)

Have fun,

guy

6. Numis-addict

I have a question for those of you who have been before; is there anything that you would recomend bringing beyond the packing list in the YN handbook? Any advice would be appreciated...

7. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Lotion of a sort. It is dry here. And don't forget to drink a lot of water.

8. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

I'll second the water...

A tablet/ laptop is very useful at the inn during off-times, and is great to show what you have but can't bring ;)

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Get some sleep guys. Classes tomorrow. :)

Mr. Mike next........

10. coinmaniac14

coinmaniac14 Member

Well I'll be heading out Friday :) Just found out I won the Q. David Bowers Literary Award so I get a plaque while I'm there!

11. Numis-addict

I have a question, again. Am I right in assuming that the money museam vault(or whatever it's called) is supplied with its locks, so seminar attendees do not need to take their own? I remember reading it somewhere, but I don't have the papers handy, nor do I remeber which paper had the information(YN handbook, maybe?). Thank you in advance for any answers(again)

12. green18

[video=youtube;KnsiZOJjfUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg[/video]

13. Cazkaboom

Well, I'm here 'til Saturday. Meaning I get to meet you.

14. CoinMike747

Wow! What a great week! :thumb:

15. CoinMike747

I must apologize as I cannot answer your question. For me, the safes provided in the YN dorms were suitable enough to store the coins I brought. Tonight most likely you have learned what you needed to know. Enjoy your week in the summer seminar!
    -Mike

16. green18

Oh for such an opportunity that you younger folks have had. My experiences wasted in the folly of real life.......my direction pointed elsewhere......have fun dear fellows. :)

17. coinmaniac14

coinmaniac14 Member

I hope you enjoyed my social awkwardness and airplane hair lmao

18. green18

I think there's love here.........:devil:

19. Cazkaboom

[video=youtube;kTFZyl7hfBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTFZyl7hfBw[/video]

20. Numis-addict

I met coinmaniac and Caz today. Perhaps I met another cointalk member and have yet to recognize them. I have to say, I am already enjoying it...

21. coinmaniac14

coinmaniac14 Member

I met Numis-addict and Cazkaboom yesterday, is anyone else on here at the Seminar this week?

Draft saved Draft deleted