2013 ANA Summer Seminar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinMike747, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

So you're the sly devil that took my scholarship :devil:

In all seriousness, congrats on getting the scholarship. And as I told coinmaniac14, you had better take everything you hear from the instructors to heart as they are the greatest instructors you can hear talk of your subject.

Me? I lost the scholarships that I applied to, but I am trying to work with the dealers and other people and see if they can sponsor/donate so that I can go.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CBJesse

CBJesse Capped Bust Fanactic

Sorry if this is a stupid question but when is the seminar and if it isn't too soon can you still apply for YN scholarships? If not, I'll certainly be submitting an application next year.

4. CoinMike747

CoinMike747 Barber Connoisseur

Sorry to hear you lost the scholar ship :( Last year I had two amazing instructors who I can still remember vividly during the seminar. I had David Lange from NGC and Frank Val Vane who is a cataloger from Stacks. Good luck trying to find a sponser, and maybe I will see you there!:cool:

5. CoinMike747

Awesome Wind! What course do you plan on taking?

6. CoinMike747

Hey CBJesse, not at all a stupid question :)! The summer seminar is between June 22nd & July 5th, and sorry the deadline was a few months ago. However, when the time comes you can definitely apply for the 2014 summer seminar!

7. coinmaniac14

coinmaniac14 Member

The first session is June 21-28 for YNs and the second session is June 28- July 5 for YNs. The adults would come a day later. The scholarships from the ANA are no longer available but you could always try what Caz is doing.

8. CoinMike747

Sadly, unlike last year none of the mini-seminars were appealing to my interests. However I do plan on taking the Cave of the Winds Lantern Tour and the Pike's Peak Cog Railway.

9. coinmaniac14

coinmaniac14 Member

I'm probably going to do the Pike's Peak Railway thing too and maybe others, I live across the country so I want to do everything I can in case I never get to go again.

10. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

:D
    No scholarship though :(

Week 1,

2. Light from Many Lamps: All Star Numismatic Seminar

Mini-Seminar:
    E. Condor Tokens

11. RiverGuy

RiverGuy Tired and Retired

Good choices Windchild! Your week-long will introduce you to some of the finest and most knowledgeable numismatic professionals. Your instructor for Condor Tokens is the recognized authority - Jerry Bobbe. He also has some terrific anecdotal stories that will keep you entertained as well as some very different opinions on collecting issues.
    Please promise all of us at CT that you will write a thread on your return describing your experience.
    Don

12. Windchild

Sounds great :D

I know little about condor tokens... So It should be interesting...

I will write a Thread when I come back...

13. Cazkaboom

Sitting in the coffee shop with my older brother talking about my future and coin collecting, and I got a call. Danny Bisgard from the PNNA called me and told me that the winner of the PNNA scholarship got a different scholarship. He asked if I was still interested in taking the scholarship.

FULL RIDE BABY!!!

I'm going to Colorado. Guess I have to tell the people I'm not looking for any money anymore.

14. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Congrats Caz!

And congratulations to all you YNs who won scholarships!

:thumb: :D

15. valente151

valente151 Mr. AU64, Jr.

I will be at Summer Seminar both sessions. Week 1 I am taking the Light From Many Lamps seminar and Week 2 I am taking Advanced Grading. I am teaching the Digital Collection Management miniseminar week 1 and will also be the YN Auction Head for week 2, so if you are attending that session be prepared to work hard so we can raise a record-setting amount for YN Scholarships.

16. Windchild

Same course week 1 :thumb:

17. valente151

valente151 Mr. AU64, Jr.

Hi CoinMike747,

Congrats! You are definately going to LOVE the Barber course. I consider the instructors, Glenn and Mike, great personal friends and they definately know their Barbers and are alot of fun!

See you in June!

18. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Someone take me with them!!
    Your gonna have such a good time all of you.
    Enjoy it!

19. Ahhh a collector YN that loves Barber Halves. Brings a tear to my eye. :thumb:

Glenn Holsonbake and Mike Hayes are some of the top Barber guys and great people. Tell them Log Potato said hi when you get there!

20. Cazkaboom

I had a conversation with Glenn at the PNNA Coin Show. The only time something knowledgeable didn't come out of his mouth was when it was closed. I'm sure you'll have a great time in that class.

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I don't think Justin's going Caz. I think he was more wishing that you extend a greeting for him when you arrive at the appointed time. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted