2013 ANA Summer Seminar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinMike747, Apr 3, 2013.

1. CoinMike747

CoinMike747 Barber Connoisseur

Greetings!
    This is my first thread, but I just had to announce my elation after reading an email I received! In this email I was informed that a full week scholarship was awarded to me to attend the 2013 Summer Seminar!:smile:hail::smile This news truly made my year! It will be second consecutive time receiving a scholarship.
    I am planning to take the course "The Coinage of Charles Barber" during the first week.Of coarse, my main interests are Barber halves and this looks like an enjoyable, appealing, & informative class!
    Also I was curious to know if anyone else from Cointalk was attending the seminar so I know who to say hello to when the time comes.:thumb:

Sincerely,
    CoinMike747

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

Congrats! :thumb:

See you there! :D

4. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

I'll be there the second week

5. CoinMike747

Hey Brian!
    Nice to hear you're going too!:thumb: What course are you taking?

-CoinMike747

6. CoinMike747

Very cool! Which class do you plan on taking?

7. PennyGuy

If you are asking me I'll be taking Early American Copper I & II

8. CoinMike747

Sorry, still haven't got the reply feature down :D Those also look very educational & fun! Sounds like the right class for you! ;)

9. PennyGuy

I've attended the short version at an EAC convention and am really looking forward to the class.

10. coinmaniac14

coinmaniac14 Member

I was notified yesterday I also received a full scholarship but I'll be going the second session and it'll be my first time :D

11. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Nice. You should enjoy the trip.

Are you receiving YN Scholarships?

12. coinmaniac14

coinmaniac14 Member

Yes mine was a YN scholarship.

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Course and coarse are two different things Mike. I know you're not the latter. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on you most marvelous achievement........

14. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

I'm going for the first session...

15. green18

Lucky dog......:)

16. CoinMike747

Hello duke,
    Yes I received a YN scholarship as well. Thanks!

17. CoinMike747

Green thank you for the correction of typographical error I employed up above. I guess I should reread what I wrote more often before posting :eek: But thank you, I am really looking forward to this trip!:D

18. CoinMike747

Congratulations! :thumb:That sounds awesome coinmaniac! What course ;) do you plan on taking?

19. coinmaniac14

coinmaniac14 Member

I'll be doing grading pt. 1 (the second part 1, there's 2) and possibly Coin Shop Basics 101 mini-seminar. Any mini-seminars for you?

20. green18

Well, we sometimes enjoy ribbing the new guy......;) Lord knows the good folks 'round here have shellacked me a time or two for the same thing. :)

I'll bet you are. It's exciting to see all of you young people having this golden opportunity afforded you. All of you will be rubbing elbows with some of the hobby's most notable numismatists and also making friendships that, I'm sure, will last a lifetime. There is only one thing that we ask of you though.......you must report back on this forum of all your experiences at Summer Seminar. We never tire of reading them.......:)

21. RiverGuy

RiverGuy Tired and Retired

This will be my 4th year attending Summer Seminar. I've signed up for the two new week-long courses: Legends in Numismatics and Light From Many Lamps. It's great to see so many YN's with scholarships. It is a life changing event for collectors and professionals.
    Hobo and Duke attend regularly and Bart should chime in as well. If any of you "first-timers" have questions or concerns please feel free to PM me; if I don't know the answer I will know who to ask.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted