2012 Infantry soldier dollar (special set with 50,000 mintage)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Danr, Feb 15, 2012.

1. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Meaning no disrespect to our military, too bad we’ve become such a militaristic society, that the majority of new commemoratives are devoted to this theme. I’ve met many collectors that don’t collect modern commems for this reason. And, Coin World recently commented on this phenomenon.

That said, even though my first impression was the design “sucks”, I’ve come to appreciate the guns pictured. I don’t know much about the flint locks on the reverse, but the M4 on the obverse is a highly detailed rendition.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

one proof and one unc for me.

4. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I am a war vet who hates all of the military themed coins. If they maybe had one a decade I might buy it, but they are everywhere. Even if they made a Persian War commemorative I would not buy it. I definitely agree that both having so many military commems are hurting sales, as well as hurting our nations image around the world. :(

Just my opinion.

5. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

did anyone get these and the proof i dont see pics :)

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Here ya go Doc........

IMG_2100-horz.jpg

IMG_2097-horz.jpg

Had 'em in my picture files........

7. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

coins look like the 1934 DE after you take a picture. Wonderful my dear fellow. If i ran a coin business you would have made me trillions :D

The best coin photographer in the world

even better than Harvey :D

8. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

i am going to ask you for one picture a week for the coins i have from 1984 onwards. hopefully that is not a lot of work. i just figured out how to look at the full screen what a work of art. bravo bravo.

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Aw, shucks..........:eek:

10. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

After reading "Flags of Our Fathers" I think I am going to stick to buying USMC collectables.

Draft saved Draft deleted