2012 American Eagle San Francisco Two-Coin Silver Proof Set Pricing

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Coinsnake, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Coinsnake

Coinsnake MorganMan

Anyone know what the pricing will be for these?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

150 smackers.

4. Coinsnake

Coinsnake MorganMan

Is this a guess, or do you KNOW?

5. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

The CDC has confirmed that there really are no such things as zombies. You can come out of hiding now.

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Tell that to the guy that got his face eaten off......

8. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

9. bzb

bzb New Member

Way to much, I have decided not to get a set after I seen the price

10. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

How much were you expecting?

Seems kind of high to me also.

Try Ebay in a month or so...you might get a set cheaper than issue price.

11. mackwork

mackwork Caretaker of old coins & currency

I think most were expecting $120, so $150 is turning some people off.

12. MAKECENTS

MAKECENTS Active Member

does anyone know the maximum mintage or is there not one yet?

13. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

This has been stated many times in this thread and also appears on the mint web site, they will be minted to order.

14. mackwork

mackwork Caretaker of old coins & currency

However many sets are ordered from June 7, 2012, at noon (ET) and ending July 5, 2012, at 5 p.m. (ET) will be the mintage.

15. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

Most people that I have talked to feel these will be cheaper to buy on the secondary market, like most other mass produced mint products.

I am getting a set from the mint, because that is just how I generally source modern stuff, and I take the wins with the losses.
    Being overpriced and overminted, this is probably not something to buy in great quantity.

16. wgpjr

wgpjr Collector

I plan on buying a set from the mint. If I wait for secondary market, I'll probably have to over pay. Then again, now that I am buying one from the mint, I'll probably see it cheaper on the secondary market in a few years. LOL But at least this way, I'll have one for sure. I do think the price is a bit high, but I've always wanted at least one Reverse Proof eagle, so I'll bite this time.

17. TexasTwister

TexasTwister Member

Interesting article here about the set plus a pricing comparison with the 25th anniversary set: http://www.coinnews.net/2012/05/31/price-2012-san-francisco-american-silver-eagle-two-coin-set/

I can't decide. I'm like the guy with the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. There's a lot to consider. High price may lead to low mintage vs. unlimited mintage, but in a short, month-long order window. My initial reaction was dismay, because I was hoping for around $130 or so. Checking feeBay, certified 2011 reverse proof ASE's are going for $400+ each. I still might order. I've never even seen a reverse proof in hand and I've never ordered anything directly from the mint.

18. Fall Guy

Fall Guy Active Member

I don't think these will be anything like the '11 reverse proofs but I'm still going to get a set.

19. I'll bet the Mint site crashes before the day is done. :computer: TC

20. krispy

krispy krispy

Everything the US Mint makes is mass produced but not everything made by the Mint is cheaper on the secondary market. I'd like to hear what's selling for cheaper based on your comment.

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

9 minutes to game day and the site is running fine. Back in October the site was sluggish and slowing down at this point in time.

5 minutes, and still running fine......

2 minutes and the page still 'refreshes' quickly........

Draft saved Draft deleted