2011 red book

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Just Carl, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

Well it is now out and if you are one like me that has to have one, reallllllly disapointed. Since I collect them, just had to get one right away. As usual purchased the hard cover for my collection and two ringed versions for usages. Eventually I will buy about 10 more for Christmas Presents.
    For anyone that thinks you need the latest your in for a real dissapointment.
    They may have well just made copies of the 2010 edition and changed the date. Same amount of information, same amount of pages, almost the same of everything. One good thing is they didn't change most of the prices and since thier prices were always way over, that means their prices are now getting closer to reality.
    If coin suppliers have lowered the prices of the 2010 edition, I'll recommend anyone that wants the Red Book, look for that one. Nothing different worth any extra money. One good thing for me is the dealers at the coin shows still sell for $10.00

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jhinton

jhinton Well-Known Member

I disagree, I like the new book. True, most of the prices are the same but they improved the errors section a little and updated some of the coins. The 2004 D, Wisconsin Extra leafs for instance are a lot closer to reality now. and they included the 2009 and 2010 coins.

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

They also improved the section on collecting the Red & Blue books---

plus they finally added my name to the credits!

:)

5. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

Congrats Frank.........does this mean you can charge more for autographs now? :)

6. USCoinsInfo

USCoinsInfo Junior Member

Seeing as the latest version I had before was the 2005 version I was quite pleased with the 2011 version. The 2005 was very unorganized and was not current at all.

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

uh, yes--

if anyone will pay that is!

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted