2011 Penny O&Ryan Broadstruck

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Christina Gaffney, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Christina Gaffney

Christina Gaffney New Member

Found a 2011 Penny that's Broadstruck on both sides. Also the LB is DD. Any value?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It looks more like a MAD Cent. Misaligned Die. The Reverse looks normal compared to the Misaligned Obverse. It's a common ocurrance.

Markus1959 likes this.
  4. paddyman98

Don't know if the LB is actually DD.. but truthfully if it were, there would be no significant premium for something that small.

5. paddyman98

Here are some Broadstrucks I have collected over the years.. they are larger in diameter then a normal Cent:
    3175483-010+.JPG 3720283-004+.JPG 3720283-003+.JPG

furryfrog02 likes this.
  6. Christina Gaffney

Christina Gaffney New Member

Well I'm bummed. It also has die markers and die gouges... guess it's nothing. ... I am really trying guys. Thanks so much!

Stevearino and paddyman98 like this.
  7. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Yep, misaligned die. I find alot of those searching US cent rolls - just throw them back in the spend jar as it's pretty common.

The broadstrike errors occur when the coin is struck without the collar that forms the rim and the edge of the coin. The distortion of the coin occurs because the collar on the coin is not in its proper position and it cannot retain the coin as it is being struck.

Example from the internet:

[​IMG]

tommyc03 likes this.
  8. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

No big deal - with billions of error coins still in circulation the odds of finding at least one are in your favour!

tommyc03 and Stevearino like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted